• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having problems with update - 6.3.1.5

airshow

Hi, Ever since I updated the image I am getting problems. I keep getting File IO 3 VTS_03_2.VOB type errors!?

Using original discs and have all been carefully cleaned etc. Optical drive is set to region 4.

I have read the File IO 3 error comments and have tried the suggestions with zero success. I have scanned the discs with CDspeed all 'green' and OK.

Any help/suggestions on what to try next? Many thanks.

airshow.

Hi, Ever since I updated the image

:confused:
Updated the what?

1. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Having Problems with update - AnyDVD v6.3.1.5

Hi, Many thanks for reply.

The update is to AnyDVD latest update ie v6.3.1.5.

Log attached as requested.

ONLY programmes running were AnyDVD and Computer Assoc A-V. The machine (Dell Precision 370) is precisely the same as before the update to v6.3.1.5.

Error screen reads = File IO 3; VTS_03_2.VOB 1069666304 561152

Hope this helps. Many thanks. :confused:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_ICE_AGE.zip
    123.4 KB · Views: 9
InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.5.3.1 (5.5.3.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1
ProductVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.5.3.1 (5.5.3.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1
ProductVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1

Nero InCD and other packet-writing software install filters. These filters are known to cause problems. I'd recommend removing the software & filters and not using packet-writing software.

You may wish to remove the filters to see what happens. It might resolve the problem.

Uninstall InCD and reboot your computer. See if the filters are still listed if they are then they need to be removed.

If you can't figure out how to remove the filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected Filter" Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

InCD will no longer function properly but you can reinstall it if you need to use it in the future. Just keep in mind it may cause further problems with making backups in the future, as well.

It's also possible your disc is bad but until you've removed InCD from the equation we can't know for sure.

Last edited:
Having problems with AnyDVD update - 6.3.1.5

Hi,

Thanks. Tried to uninstall InCD but it does not appear in 'add remove programmes' via CP? So could not easily uninstall InCD.

Downloaded imgburn - nice s/w - and uninstalled InCD filters as you suggested.

Tried ripping DVD again, but came up with same error screen = File IO 3; VTS_03_2.VOB etc etc.

Found s/w which was able to 'clean' InCD from my system (called General-Clean Tool.exe (395KB). After that and a reboot AnyDVD came up with a warning that 'NO DVD drive could be found'??
Restored my system to prior 'clean' InCD. System now back with InCD drivers etc?

....So not much further ahead at this stage......any other suggestions? Can't easily uninstall InCD??

Thanks.:confused:

Nero

InCd usually comes in a package with Nero...completely uninstall Nero and see if this helps. Next time you install Nero use the advanced mode and uncheck InCd's box.

1. If you use Imgburn as instructed, there's no need to be using Nero's clean tool, which may affect drivers and filters on your system.

2. The reason Anydvd wasn't working properly after using the Nero Clean tool was because there's a filter/driver mismatch on your system after using Nero's Clean tool.

3. FileIO3 means you have a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged even if it plays fine--or your drive is slowly dying and can't read properly.

Last edited:

Hi Webslinger and other members who have helped,

Have completely uninstalled Nero - lock-stock-and-barrel - gone! ....and I still get FileIO3 error at 49%!!

Have tried several of my discs - ones that I have backed up previously before v6.3.1.5 and I keep getting FileIO3. Have tried to install AnyDVD on another machine and still get FileIO3 error screen:confused:

Any help from here on would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Webslinger and other members who have helped,

Have completely uninstalled Nero - lock-stock-and-barrel - gone! ....and I still get FileIO3 error at 49%!!

Have tried several of my discs - ones that I have backed up previously before v6.3.1.5 and I keep getting FileIO3. Have tried to install AnyDVD on another machine and still get FileIO3 error screen:confused:

Any help from here on would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

With InCD gone that lets us narrow down the list of issues. So, we know that the read error still occurs w/o the InCD filters. We also know that the same disc also shows read errors on another system. We don't know what filters are installed on that system but this, to me, is telling me that the problem is that the disc is flawed.

One thing you can try doing is to download Nero CD-DVD Speed. It's a free program. With AnyDVD running in the background, select the tab labeled ScanDisc. Select the appropriate drive letter, and click Start. If Nero CD-DVD Speed reports read errors then the disc, in this case, is likely bad.

Having problems with AnyDVD update - v6.3.1.5

Hi DrinkLyeAndDie,

Thanks for prompt reply - much appreciated.

I tried the Nero CD-DVD Speed scan check earlier on - think I reported that in an earlier post. Scandisc results were all green for GO - zero read errors or bad sectors.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.:confused:

Hi DrinkLyeAndDie,

Thanks for prompt reply - much appreciated.

I tried the Nero CD-DVD Speed scan check earlier on - think I reported that in an earlier post. Scandisc results were all green for GO - zero read errors or bad sectors.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.:confused:

This confuses me. The FileIO 3 is a read error yet Nero CD-DVD Speed is reporting no problems. The read error occurs on multiple systems, as well.

It might be helpful if someone else with a Region 2 version of Ice Age could give some input on this. I'm really not seeing anything that jumps out at me.

With InCD gone

@airshow,

1. upload the .zip file again

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2. Can you post a screenshot of this please?

3. Also post a screenshot of the File IO3 error message please.

4. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

5. Attempt to reduce your reader/optical drive's read speed

Hi Webslinger and DrinkLyeAndDie,

Great support you guys are providing here. Have been off-air with cable down in my street, hence late reply and this update.

I finally decided to get new optical drives and bingo, it all works again as a dream ie AnyDVD v6.3.1.5 and full version of Nero.

So, thanks for all the help re other options, but in my case it was as simple as getting new optical drives.

Kind rgds, airshow

Back