• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Explorer Crash

grezdjr

Hello All, I am an AnyDVD & CloneDVD user of about 2 years and haven't had the problem I get with the new AnyDVD update. I have updated the program and then reboot to get the error that explorer.exe had a problem and it asks for me to send an error report. After this I went and restored the system to an earlier time without the update and it is working just fine, however I am only able to run version 6.0.1.1 without any problems at this time. Please help if you can.....Thanks for looking.....Bob

Hello Webslinger, I did all the steps in the info you suggested and it still did not work, I still got the explorer.exe crash. However I went and restored my system to an earlier time and the updated program is working now. I don't know how but it is registering the update when I open the program and click on the info block. ????????????? This is kind of wierd,but I'm able to see the update. Thanks for the assistance and maybe you can pass along the info to SlySoft about this issue.............Bob

Hello Webslinger, I did all the steps in the info you suggested

Actually, you didn't because step 4 requires you to post information.

Thanks for the assistance and maybe you can pass along the info to SlySoft about this issue

I won't be since no one else is experiencing this issue, and I can't reproduce this on over 6 different systems.

But I am glad your situation is resolved.

Hello Again, my situation is still there and I know I didn't post any info because I assumed that everything was AOK after the restoration, however it did work for a while until I turned it off and then booted later and I got the explorer.exe crash again. So I restored to an earlier date and it is working again but, only with version 6.0.1.1. I think that maybe when I did an critical update with Microsoft I downloaded the updated Root Certificates and that may be the trouble, just speculation at this point, I even allowed the program to be an exception for the windows firewall and I still get the crash. This situation is really starting to get under my skin and drive me nuts.
I appreciate the time you're giving to me to help me figure this situation out you have been a great help................Bob

Follow the steps that are listed in this link please (follow them in order), especially 1, 3, and 4: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559. I do need the info from step 4.

I doubt the issue you're having is related to root certificate updates, since I have updated all Root certificates on three different computers here at home and Anydvd works perfectly fine on all of them (two are using XP pro, and the other is using Vista 64 bit ultimate edition)

Here's the filter log:
Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.26.0

I hope this info helps as I was successful with step 1 and I don't have the crash after a reboot 3 times. Thanks for the awesome help.....Bob

According to what you posted, you don't have Anydvd installed. Perhaps the problem is you simply haven't installed Anydvd properly.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall using the file you donwloaded in step d
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

well I just tried to reboot for the 4th time and I got the crash again I will let you know about the reinstall later as I have to go to work Yes that file was after I uninstalled Any DVD so I'll get another for you next time...Bob

I AM SO FRUSTRATED.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I suspect something is conflicting with Anydvd on startup (possibly a program that loads automatically on startup with Anydvd), but I am unable to offer any further suggestions at this time. Perhaps others will offer more suggestions.

If you can, with 6.1.3.5, do the following:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie disc in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Well here we go again, I just reinstalled the program and have rebooted 4 times w/o a crash. The one thing I did do before I reinstalled it is I removed Spybot completely just to see if that could've been the problem.Maybe it was. I disabled the Teatimer like the one post said and maybe it wasn't. Who knows? I also have another filter file for you to look at and see if anything is amiss.

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.3.1.5
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 2.3.26.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

I really appreciate all the assistance you've provided. I just hope it works this time. I did notice also that the trial version worked fine, however it was after I unlocked it with my key is when it started crashing. I will let you know later if this is done or not. Again THANK YOU very much for all the assistance...................Bob

Well here we go again, I just reinstalled the program and have rebooted 4 times w/o a crash. The one thing I did do before I reinstalled it is I removed Spybot completely just to see if that could've been the problem.Maybe it was. I disabled the Teatimer like the one post said and maybe it wasn't.

I have Spybot on my system--but I don't have or use Teatimer. Teatimer has caused issues for some people.

Your filters look fine.

Here's that file you .wanted

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_LSE0NNW1.zip
    99.6 KB · Views: 5
Windows Firewall!

Personanlly I NEVER run Windows Firewall...too many problems! Install another firewall of your choosing and see if an improvement. The Windows firewall has many issues with various file types, protocols and applications!

Windows Explorer Errors

WIndows XP, which I see you are running, has a glitch in reading video files. Deleting this process is a safe fix with NO known problems after deletion! You can save to another folder on PC if you're as paranoid as I am! It causes properties to be read in near real time. Causing explorer.exe to overload CPU. If you conduct a restore you will have to delete it again! Delete this process; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}InProcServer32
You cannot delete the wrong process from the folder as the System will not allow this. I suggest ALL XP users of any flavor to delete this process!

Back