• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Messed up profile key

Kilgore87

i just reinstalled my OS and was trying to install game jackal. in the process of installing it i incorrectly entered my profile key. now after uninstalling and reinstalling gamejackal, i am forced to use my incorrect key, thereby making my profiles (15 and counting) useless. is there anyway to re-enter this key?

Unfortunately no.
However, profiles with a different key will load up when GJ starts (they just won't run). You could export them and then re-import them.

so there really is no way for me to re-enter this key? could this ability be something added to a future version of gamejackal. in my opinion, i think it is extremely inconvenient for one to have to go through the long winded process of reloading profiles all for the small mistake of being one digit off on entering the profile key.

I'm in the same boat. I can't create new profiles (I get an error msg), I can't uninstall then re-install GJ correctly so effectively, this makes GJ a dud for any games I previously created profiles for.

I'm in the same boat. I can't create new profiles (I get an error msg), I can't uninstall then re-install GJ correctly so effectively, this makes GJ a dud for any games I previously created profiles for.

Don't you have the original game cd/dvd? I can't see how GJ is a "dud" unless you don't have the original cd/dvd and are using GJ outside the license agreement???

I know it's inconvenient, however recreating profiles is not the end of the world.

Yeah I have them and when I tried to create a new profile, it came up with that error. Short of having to reformat and reinstall GJ with the correct profile key (now that's inconvenient), I'm at a loss as to why it won't let me recreate a game profile. I'll have a play around again today to see if I can come up with a solution.

Is there any way to reset the profile key? A lot of the time, I make a profile, and then when I go to use it, it says it is not licensed to me. I've tried uninstalling and try to remove everything in the registry I can find that is GameJackal, then reinstalling, but it always "recovers" it, so I'm missing something...
It has been doing this since I upgraded to slysoft's version (3.0.0.5)
Thanks,
Isaac

I've got the same problem. Accidentally clicked new key on upgrade to latest rev and now I can't remove it. It keeps saying "recovering key" when I reinstall and says I am not licensed to use it. I have uninstalled and rebooted several time. Removed all the files in Program Files been through the registry to remove all the Game Jackal references that were left in. I have also reapplied my license key from when I purchases and I also tried going back to the old rev. No luck with anything. I now have a copy of Game Jackal that doesn't do what it says on the lid and won’t profile any games at all :-(

How do I scrub the system to allow for a clean install, i.e. one that does not recover the key and allows me to enter my correct key?

Is there any way to reset the profile key? A lot of the time, I make a profile, and then when I go to use it, it says it is not licensed to me. I've tried uninstalling and try to remove everything in the registry I can find that is GameJackal, then reinstalling, but it always "recovers" it, so I'm missing something...
It has been doing this since I upgraded to slysoft's version (3.0.0.5)
Thanks,
Isaac

This sounds like an issue that has nothing to do with the profile key. If you are creating a profile and then receiving an error stating that the profile is not licensed for this GJ installation... then there is another problem??? Is this the case?

I've got the same problem. Accidentally clicked new key on upgrade to latest rev and now I can't remove it. It keeps saying "recovering key" when I reinstall and says I am not licensed to use it. I have uninstalled and rebooted several time. Removed all the files in Program Files been through the registry to remove all the Game Jackal references that were left in. I have also reapplied my license key from when I purchases and I also tried going back to the old rev. No luck with anything. I now have a copy of Game Jackal that doesn't do what it says on the lid and won’t profile any games at all :-(

How do I scrub the system to allow for a clean install, i.e. one that does not recover the key and allows me to enter my correct key?

The key is written when Game Jackal is first installed, simply upgrading GJ with not modify the key.

This sounds like an issue that has nothing to do with the profile key. If you are creating a profile and then receiving an error stating that the profile is not licensed for this GJ installation... then there is another problem??? Is this the case?

Yes, it says "This Profile is not licensed to this Game Jackal installation." then continues to run the game which asks me to put in the correct disk.

Yes, it says "This Profile is not licensed to this Game Jackal installation." then continues to run the game which asks me to put in the correct disk.

Does this happen with all games, or just a specific game?

That doesn't work because each time I remove and reinstall it says "recovering key" and doesn't allow me to enter the old key. Is there a way to force a clean install? Any install command line options?

Ok... let me make this as clear as possible.
Once a profile key have been installed on a system, it cannot be changed... This is by design to prevent users from passing profiles around (for obvious reasons).

Now if you are experiencing an issue as described by "Isaactoo" please let me know.

Back