• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cutting with CloneDVD

bbarnes

I recorded a movie off of TV and it has about .6 seconds worth of "Junk" at the beginning of the movie. How do I take that off and just record the movie?

Hi :)
Welcome onboard.
However is this legal?
If not, you're at the wrong place. :doh:

I thought it was legal to record and watch for your own use, if not I guess I am in the wrong place!

I thought it was legal to record and watch for your own use
that is correct.
but slysoft forums for anydvd,clonedvd2,clonedvdmobile and clonecd are to discuss cd's and dvd movies that have been purchased and you own.

if the movie is on a finalised dvd disc,then you can use dvd shrink to removed the unwanted portion as you can specify start and end points before re-authoring (i think it is also accurate to within either a second or frame).
once dvd files have been created,you can burn to another disc.

Last edited:
I thought it was legal to record and watch for your own use, if not I guess I am in the wrong place!

I guess it depends where you are based.
In some countries TV programs can be recorded as the TV station owns the license.
When it comes to movies it is not the case, as it meant for one time only.
However this area has become increasingly confusing as the rise of digital TV means many showings over several days/time slots.
In answer to your OP.
Using the review windows & using the 'scissors' you can remove the bit to which refer with CloneDVD2.

Using the review windows & using the 'scissors' you can remove the bit to which refer with CloneDVD2.
the scissors will only remove chapters.
they wont remove the 6 seconds at the beginning.the scissor tool isn't that precise.

the scissors will only remove chapters.
they wont remove the 6 seconds at the beginning.the scissor tool isn't that precise.

Isn't it?
I don't actually use that feature myself.
However when working on a guide I thought I had managed to do such.
Maybe it was a chapter or longer, so a coincidence. :D

Isn't it?
I don't actually use that feature myself.
However when working on a guide I thought I had managed to do such.
Maybe it was a chapter or longer, so a coincidence. :D

Yeah, Clonedvd only cuts at chapter markers.

Tnx, for the help. I will try dvdshrink. Again, tnx.

Back