• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sonic and AnyDVD

sillyme

I am a newbie to DVD burning, so forgive me if this question has been asked/answered before:

I currently have the Sonic writing package on my computer and it is not recognizing any DVD movies I put into the drive. I see by your list that Sonic causes a conflict with ANYDVD. So, I have the following options for free burning software: IMGBURN, Final Burner Free, Deep Burner, and AVS Disc Creator. Have any of you used any of these software programs? If so, could you suggest which one to download? Do I remove the Sonic before or after I install new software?

Thanks for any and all help.

I currently have the Sonic writing package on my computer and it is not recognizing any DVD movies I put into the drive. I see by your list that Sonic causes a conflict with ANYDVD.

Just Drive Letter Access or Sonic's packet writing software causes issues--not the entire burning software package. Generally speaking, you may get better results if you rip first using Anydvd ripper (right click on the red fox icon-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk") and use that output as the source.

Webslinger:

My DVD burner/player will not recognize the DVD at all. I could not use the rip function. Said the drive doesn't exist.

HELP

Webslinger:

No, I'm not using a crack. (good question, though!) I bought AnyDVD and Clone DVD several years ago. They worked fine for awhile, but suddenly the drive would not recognize any movie DVD's. After many hours on the phone with Dell, I finally had to use System Restore which put everything back to original factory settings. I had to reload all my software, data, and games (a royal pain.) After that, AnyDVD and Clone DVD worked great for a while, and now I'm back to the problem again. I would like to get around System Restore if I could because this seems to be an ongoing problem. All the settings on AnyDVD are correct, and my firewall is coded to recognize their software. As info, the Sonic MYDVDLE which plays the movies has all the updates, but it will not play the movies on my computer or recognize that there is, in fact, a DVD in the drive. I feel that Sonic is corrupted somehow. That's why I'm looking for a compatible burning program.

Any suggestions?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Webslinger:

I know I'm driving you nuts....sorry. I did everything you said, and it still won't recognize the movie. We watched this movie on our regular DVD player a couple of nights ago, so it's not damaged. I have also tried other DVDs that I've previously copied, and they aren't recognized either. So, I put a data DVD into the drive, it is recognized, and I burned some files to it. No problem. So, it's not the DVD burner itself that's the problem. Something is wrong with Sonic's software, and I'm not sure what. I tried going to Cyberlink site (Sonic) to ask about this problem, but their form for asking a question is worse than a tax form. LOL

I think I'm going to download another burning program and see how that works. I will reinstall AnyDVD, too.

Thanks for all your help. I DO appreciate the time you've taken to try to solve my problem.

Webslinger:

I know I'm driving you nuts....sorry. I did everything you said, and it still won't recognize the movie.

No. You're not driving me nuts, but you certainly didn't do everything that I wrote. And you have not provided the information that I requested.

Did you uninstall Anydvd? Does your drive still not recognize the movie?

We watched this movie on our regular DVD player a couple of nights ago, so it's not damaged.

That's rather meaningless. Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine. I'm not saying your disc is damaged; I am merely stating that a disc playing fine is not indicative that it's not faulty in some manner.

Webslinger wrote: No. You're not driving me nuts, but you certainly didn't do everything that I wrote. And you have not provided the information that I requested.

Did you uninstall Anydvd? Does your drive still not recognize the movie?

Yes, I said I did everything you told me to do. I uninstalled Anydvd just like you said, I rebooted the computer, and I replied that it would not recognize the movie.

Yes, I said I did everything you told me to do. I uninstalled Anydvd just like you said, I rebooted the computer, and I replied that it would not recognize the movie.

Well, in that case, since Anydvd wasn't on your computer at that point, the problem that you're having is completely unrelated to Anydvd.

I did tell you to click click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps

And I stated that step 4 requires you to post information. You have not provided what I asked for.

Back