• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Free AnyDVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therivetman

Be careful using ANYDVD versions you've not aquired at the official Slysoft site. ANYDVD now writes to the hidden system partition on an XP drive reserved for the Windows operating system. These so called cracked copies of ANYDVD can cause drives to vanish and even more serious problems such from data loss to complete drive failure. Even messing with a genuine copy can cause problems. After your trial period is up buy it or stop trying to use it.
p.s.
Formatting will not remove the information stored on the hidden partition.

Last edited:
LOL and how is this new? How would the user even know?

switching

switching from your desktop to laptop could cause your drive to go missing if you're not careful. Mine did....couldn't get my blu ray recognized by anydvd till i reinstalled windows and also deleted the hidden partition first....no problem for me i have my key backed and my logical drive backed up using NTI, but a disaster for some.

6300 versions

LOL and how is this new? How would the user even know?

This was introduced in the 6300's versions as a 2 part unit.
Unit 1 being the obvious (enhanced copy protection for the AnyDvd program) and 2 (each Blu Ray + disk will probably require unique handling so rather than continually updating AnyDvd, AnyDvd HD BD will now communicate with home base being updated on the fly.)
Why is that so difficult to understand.

ANYDVD now writes to the hidden system partition on an XP drive reserved for the Windows operating system.
p.s.

Hidden system partition?

That's the first time I've ever heard about Windows using a hidden system partition.

Sometimes laptop and desktop OEM's use a "hidden" partition for storing backup files or other parts of the BIOS and CMOS, but if you install Windows XP on a totally blank hard drive, it doesn't create any "hidden" partitions.

Disappearing drives are usually caused by missing files for drive filters specified in registry. If Windows XP can't find a drive filter file, it will completely turn off access to all drives used by the drive filter, and the drive letters won't show up in Windows Explorer.

Last edited:
Be careful using ANYDVD versions you've not aquired at the official Slysoft site. ANYDVD now writes to the hidden system partition on an XP drive reserved for the Windows operating system. These so called cracked copies of ANYDVD can cause drives to vanish and even more serious problems such from data loss to complete drive failure. Even messing with a genuine copy can cause problems. After your trial period is up buy it or stop trying to use it.
p.s.

I call BS! It's FUD!! There is no "hidden" partition. Drives don't vanish, no data loss and for sure no drive failure. Please don't post such crap here. :rock:

I call BS! It's FUD!! There is no "hidden" partition. Drives don't vanish, no data loss and for sure no drive failure. Please don't post such crap here.

The original poster is referring to what happens when people use cracked versions of Anydvd. Drives can and have indeed disappeared when using cracked versions of Slysoft software.

Please do not insult people. :policeman:

Last edited:
The original poster is referring to what happens when people use cracked versions of Anydvd. Drives can and do indeed disappear when using cracked versions of Slysoft software.

Please do not insult people. :policeman:
I never insulted anyone!! And even with a cracked version it does none of what was stated. It's FUD, drives don't disappear, there is no "hidden" partition. The things that are stated are false. He also stated if you mess with a legite version this can happen. I am just stating that what was said is wrong, very, very wrong. Yes people need to buy it; it's well worth every penny, or should I say Eruo? But to post false info is just plain wrong. :rock:

I never insulted anyone!!

Do not order people around and state that what people are posting is "crap" and "FUD", especially when you're wrong, please.

And even with a cracked version it does none of what was stated. It's FUD, drives don't disappear

You are mistaken. Tom has told me as much. It's his job to know what happens.

there is no "hidden" partition

Well, I admit I have no idea what he's referring to with respect to hidden partitions.

He also stated if you mess with a legite version this can happen.

How do you think cracks are made? People "mess" with legit versions.

I am just stating that what was said is wrong, very, very wrong.

No. You're mistaken.

Last edited:
Do not order people around and state that what people are posting is "crap" and "FUD", especially when you're wrong, please.

You are mistaken. Tom has told me as much. It's his job to know what happens.

Well, I admit I have no idea what he's referring to with respect to hidden partitions.

How do you think cracks are made? People "mess" with legit versions.

No. You're mistaken.

I am not mistaken and I have never ordered anyone around. I am just getting the truth out there. I understand how a crack works and it does not always mess with a legit version, depends on how the crack is setup to work but that's for another time. I would figure that Tom would tell you that as he doesn't want people using hacked versions as it cuts into profits, and I can't blame him for that. And I am not wrong, the original poster is wrong and I am setting the record straight. Why is it we can't have a discussion ever on this forum? I expect the thread to be closed after this post, but I will try to get the truth out there. What was stated is wrong, I am sorry if the words "crap" and "fud", well FUD isn't a word, offended anyone that was not the intention of my post. :rock:

I am not mistaken

Yes, you are. And you are now banned for a week. It's one thing to be wrong; it's another to be wrong persistently, and I really do not have the patience for your behavior here after I told you to quit already. :policeman:

Cracks do, in fact, cause these sorts of issues. I have witnessed this recently on a system that was taken into a computer shop. A tech who works there called me in to take a look at this person's computer because he, the tech, couldn't figure out what the problem was. The system contained a cracked version of Anydvd.

I recommend you use this week to reevaluate why you feel you have the right to be rude to people who post here. This isn't the first thread in which I've had to warn you.

waxman said:
and I have never ordered anyone around.

waxman said:
Please don't post such crap here.

What qualifies what he wrote as "crap" (when drives can, in fact, disappear when using cracked versions of Anydvd), and why do you feel you have the authority to tell people what they can't post (why are you ordering people around)?

I would figure that Tom would tell you that as he doesn't want people using hacked versions as it cuts into profits

There is no hidden agenda here. I don't make any money from Anydvd sales; I don't work for Slysoft. I have witnessed a crack causing drives to disappear (and all sorts of other issues). Are you going to say that what I'm writing is B.S. as well? I really do not have the patience for your behavior here. And this isn't the first time I've had to warn you in a thread (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=76930)

Last edited:
hidden system partition

Hidden system partition?

That's the first time I've ever heard about Windows using a hidden system partition.

Sometimes laptop and desktop OEM's use a "hidden" partition for storing backup files or other parts of the BIOS and CMOS, but if you install Windows XP on a totally blank hard drive, it doesn't create any "hidden" partitions.

Disappearing drives are usually caused by missing files for drive filters specified in registry. If Windows XP can't find a drive filter file, it will completely turn off access to all drives used by the drive filter, and the drive letters won't show up in Windows Explorer.

If you'd like to see it put your original XP disk in and boot up on it...when you reach the point where it asks for the partition you'd like to install windows on you'll see an 8 meg partion as well....one of the options is to delete the main partition....select the 8 meg partition for deletion and XP will explain that it's a hidden system partion and you can't delete it. If you choose to delete the main partition both are deleted by default and a new one recreated when you select to install xp on the remaining unpartioned space which is the entire drive.

8 meg partition is created by xp

Hidden system partition?

It shows up as 8 megs of unpartitioned space

the problem with the crack is, the creators are probably not aware of this creative change the makers of ANYDVD have chose to use. You are now aware of the change and if your system crashes due to unauthorized alterations of a perfectly fine piece of software then you have only yourself to blame. If your drive does dissappear, buying ANYDVD and installing it should save all your data....but uninstall that other pirated version first.

Last edited:
That non partition space is only created if you have more than one partition. If I were you I would gather my facts before posting. Most likely when bought the computer it was already there. Especially if it contain recovery partition. (Used when to recover factory defaults.)

Second, most important is that non partition space is basically info how many partition it have and to track physical location. If one partition you won’t have it. More than one you will have it.

Also exact space is 7.8 Mb not 8 Mb

Anydvd doesn't cause partition change. here is why, I took into account harddrive layout before installing and after installing anydvd they were same!! except sector layout. (more were used)

It could be possible you may have another program causing non partition to be made.

i explained how to see it

That non partition space is only created if you have more than one partition. If I were you I would gather my facts before posting. Most likely when bought the computer it was already there. Especially if it contain recovery partition. (Used when to recover factory defaults.)

Second, most important is that non partition space is basically info how many partition it have and to track physical location. If one partition you won’t have it. More than one you will have it.

Also exact space is 7.8 Mb not 8 Mb
Reason: Anydvd only writes to the partition it doesn't change the size

Anydvd doesn't cause partition change. here is why, I took into account harddrive layout before installing and after installing anydvd they were same!! except sector layout. (more were used)

It could be possible you may have another program causing non partition to be made.

Just go check....nothing so special they've been doing it since xp was created

ANYDVD doesn't change the size of the partition it only writes to it.

Last edited:
I never insulted anyone!! And even with a cracked version it does none of what was stated. It's FUD, drives don't disappear, there is no "hidden" partition. The things that are stated are false. He also stated if you mess with a legite version this can happen. I am just stating that what was said is wrong, very, very wrong. Yes people need to buy it; it's well worth every penny, or should I say Eruo? But to post false info is just plain wrong. :rock:
If you are so sure I guess you are using a cracked version. We do not tolerate this here.:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back