• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How Do I back up Episodic DVD's

steweb

How do I back up Episodic DVD's?

For example Dr Who Series 3 DVD's containing 3 episodes R2

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry but I cant see exactly where on those links it says how to backup an episodic dvd like Dr Who?

Can Clone DVD do this or do I need a different product?

I'm sorry but I cant see exactly where on those links it says how to backup an episodic dvd like Dr Who?

Can Clone DVD do this or do I need a different product?

Yes, just follow the steps in the order they are listed. When you get to step 7, select "Clone Dvd".

Webby, I think he wants to back up the 3 DVD's onto 1 DVD.

That would not be a good idea, unless he enjoys watching highly compressed video (poor picture quality)..

Anyway, if what you're saying is true, he should probably be looking into dvdshrink or recode.

Shrink will back up episodic DVD's but if the episodes are very large then I would also suggest that it not be done.

Well, the OP will need to clarify this one.

One important thing to note is that in the US we may refer to Dr Who from 2007 as being Season 3 but in Britain the show is sold in a box set as Series 3.

The OP appears to have the Region 2 PAL format Season/Series 3 DVDs with each apparently containing 3 episodes per disc. If this is, in fact, the case then all they should need to do is Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... from the AnyDVD systray icon and then either burn to a DVD DL or compress using CloneDVD, DVD Shrink, or another transcoder or encoder.

Thanks for everyones help here. To clarify, I want to back up my the episodic DVD. When I use CloneDVD2 it seems to copy ok but when I try to play back on DVD player, I get the BBC logo etc then when I expect to see the menu, all I get is a blank screen and nothing else happens.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks for everyones help here. To clarify, I want to back up my the episodic DVD. When I use CloneDVD2 it seems to copy ok but when I try to play back on DVD player, I get the BBC logo etc then when I expect to see the menu, all I get is a blank screen and nothing else happens.

Any ideas guys?

Please take the original Dr Who disc and not the backup that isn't working and do the following:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Any ideas guys?

1) In addition to doing what Drinklyeanddie asked, did you do
follow the steps in the order they are listed from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 ?

2) Did you select "Clone Dvd" from Clonedvd's main menu?

3) What version of Clonedvd are you using?

4) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

5) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Back