• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What did you break?

weaver4

I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD for several years to rip my DVD's to make a backup. I take the ripped result (on my hard drive) and use DivX or X264 to make a backup. This has always worked until your last update. Now my backups (avi's) have the audio out of sync with the video.

I remember you had this problem three/four years ago and you did something to fix it.

Last movies it failed on was "Bridge to Terabithia" and "Live Free or Die Hard".

AnyDVD doesn't remove audio or video out of the rip it is the third party program doing this what program are you using to make these formats?

That is not the problem. I still have a movie on my hard drive that I ripped with AnyDVD and CloneDVD over a month ago. I used AutoGK on it (to make a DivX movie) and the audio is in sync. Ripped the same movie last night with the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and used AutoGK on it and the audio is out of sync.

It did not alter the audio, the audio is still there, it is just out of sync now. Something changed on the Vob Container Creation.

Last edited:
That is not the problem.

Yes it is. Play the rip on your hard drive before using AutoGK. Is the audio out of synch? That's a rhetorical question because I know the answer is no. And if the answer is no, then it's not an Anydvd/Clonedvd issue. Period.

In fact, since this issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd, you're posting in the wrong forum.

Slysoft said the same thing 3 to 4 years ago. And then they put out a fix.

I think they were doing something that dgIndex could not handle (in the Vobs) and they changed it. DgIndex is the most popular indexing tool for us "coders" and AnyDVD/CloneDVD is a popular ripper for us as well.

Slysoft said the same thing 3 to 4 years ago. And then they put out a fix.

I think they were doing something that dgIndex could not handle (in the Vobs) and they changed it. DgIndex is the most popular indexing tool for us "coders" and AnyDVD/CloneDVD is a popular ripper for us as well.

Here are the version histories for both Anydvd and Clonedvd, respectively:

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

and

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_clonedvd.txt

Where is this change noted?

Look I am not some "Yahoo" I provide a lot of support for people over on the DivX and Doom9 forums. When people ask what ripper they should use before they encode into DivX, XviD, or H264 I tell them they should look at AnyDVD/CloneDVD (eventhough it cost money) because it is the best.

Now I see a problem with your latest release that prevent us "coders" from using it and I am kind enough to report it.

did you try what webby said? also if it was an issue dont you think that other people would have the same issues? hmm die hard was that a popular movie or something?

And again AnyDVD nor CloneDVD2 doesn't remove anything unless you tell it to so it must be the fault of AutoGK.

Look I am not some "Yahoo" I provide a lot of support for people over on the DivX and Doom9 forums.

I fail to see why you think I would care or treat people differently based on whether I think someone is a a "yahoo".

When people ask what ripper they should use before they encode into DivX, XviD, or H264 I tell them they should look at AnyDVD/CloneDVD (eventhough it cost money) because it is the best.

What does this have to do with anything?

Now I see a problem with your latest release that prevent us "coders" from using it and I am kind enough to report it.

I still firmly believe this issue you're reporting isn't one and has nothing to do with Anydvd.

I will, however, forward your concern to peer. That doesn't mean peer will necessarily respond or do anything.

And again AnyDVD nor CloneDVD2 doesn't remove anything unless you tell it to so it must be the fault of AutoGK.

He's not saying that Anydvd is removing audio. He's saying Anydvd has created a situation where AutoGK can no longer convert to .avi without audio being out of synch. I do agree the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

I am still able to create .avis with Clonedvd mobile without issue.

He's not saying that Anydvd is removing audio. He's saying Anydvd has created a situation where AutoGK can no longer convert to .avi without audio being out of synch. I do agree the issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

I am still able to create .avis with Clonedvd mobile without issue.

Thanks, you are correct. But I have the problem with any tool that uses dgIndex including automkv, autogk, avi.net, megui, ripbot264, virtualdub, virtualdubmod, Dr Divx and others. I have tried four of these tools, with the same failure.

5.9.5.2 when they fixed the vobBlanker problem

That's understandable because that issue was directly related with ripping Arcoss properly. That's certainly not the issue here.

and 5.6.3.1 and 5.7.2.1

Completely unrelated
The audio is in synch presently when discs are currently ripped and/or backed up and played. Your error is occurring after using AutoGK--not before.

In fact, my friend just created a Divx conversion yesterday without issue. So he is unable to reproduce your problem.

I created an .avi with Clonedvd mobile several days ago. The audio is in synch.

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct. But I have the problem with any tool that uses dgIndex including automkv, autogk, avi.net, megui, ripbot264, virtualdub, virtualdubmod, Dr Divx and others.

Alright, this information is useful. Have you been able to reproduce this problem on more than one computer?

Last movies it failed on was "Bridge to Terabithia"

Ripguard

"Live Free or Die Hard".

That has nothing on it other than RCE and CSS in Region 1. I can't really see this disc as being an issue.

For some reason I missed the discs that you posted about and thought you were having this issue will all discs. I could understand a potential problem with Bridge to Terabithia if Anydvd weren't handling Ripguard properly (but it is), and Live Free and Die Hard has very little protection on that disc.

Alright, this information is useful. Have you been able to reproduce this problem on more than one computer?

I'll check it on another computer and let you know. But, I have only one license for AnyDVD and AnyDVD apparently "calls home" when it gets installed on a new computer. [Is that right, or am I thinking about another program?]

Thread title is a bit strange. I use autogk and other programs al the time and have no problems with AV synch in the six movies I have done since 6.3.1.5. Maybe you need to go over to a place like videohelp.com and ask there?

That is not the problem. I still have a movie on my hard drive that I ripped with AnyDVD and CloneDVD over a month ago. I used AutoGK on it (to make a DivX movie) and the audio is in sync. Ripped the same movie last night with the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and used AutoGK on it and the audio is out of sync.

It did not alter the audio, the audio is still there, it is just out of sync now. Something changed on the Vob Container Creation.

Back