• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Regarding Registered GJ Users

markl

It is good news that someone is taking over Game Jackal.

When SlySoft first took over the utilities from ElyBytes we existing customers were sent an e-mail to get a discount on the next versions if I remember correctly.

I am a registered user of Game Jackal, and still have my order confirmation details. Game Jackal had a lifetime membership. Hopefully SlySoft will continue that policy. I will subscribe through Slysoft is that will be the case. Hopefully existing customers will get a discount. Especially those people who had just signed up and did not get the chance to get any updates.

One service that I hope is continued was the issung of a activation key by e-mail for tjhose of us who use the program on a non web based PC.
I prefer to use an old PC for web use and keep th emain family PC clean.
We were sent two files.
1) maplom.reg &
2) Game_Jackal_Full_v2.ldf

With these we could activate the program our selves.

Looking forward to you providing this very good program.

Regards MarkL
Australia

What Is Game Jackel Dont Believe This Is In The United States

Thanks Please Respond

Considering Game Jackal didn't even bother to mention to us all when they closed down thier website, I find it hard to believe we'll see a penny from our GJ purchase.

I do however love GJ and have some faith that they'll extend all of us who bought PRO/Enterprise editions in hope that GJ would continue to develop software for a long time.

On a side note, I don't think they would have called the program Game Jackal from SlySoft if they weren't planning on doing something for all the registered ppl of the past.

Who knows. Only time will tell I guess. Not getting much from the SlySoft Mods... :( weak

Considering Game Jackal didn't even bother to mention to us all when they closed down thier website, I find it hard to believe we'll see a penny from our GJ purchase.

I do however love GJ and have some faith that they'll extend all of us who bought PRO/Enterprise editions in hope that GJ would continue to develop software for a long time.

On a side note, I don't think they would have called the program Game Jackal from SlySoft if they weren't planning on doing something for all the registered ppl of the past.

Who knows. Only time will tell I guess. Not getting much from the SlySoft Mods... :( weak
It's not weak, they said a release would be out in the next few days.

You will be informed as soon as we are. Thats the best I can do. Sorry your not getting more from the MODs.:policeman:

Have patience all. I am sure everythng will work out right.

I am sure the SlySoft will want to keep the exising customer base happy. The main thing is that the program looks like it might be continued, and that is the main thing. We should only encourage SlySoft as we will be the loosers if a deal does not go through. We want to give a good impression of the existing customer base if we want good service.

Cheers MarkL

Have patience all. I am sure everythng will work out right.

I am sure the SlySoft will want to keep the exising customer base happy. The main thing is that the program looks like it might be continued, and that is the main thing. We should only encourage SlySoft as we will be the loosers if a deal does not go through. We want to give a good impression of the existing customer base if we want good service.

Cheers MarkL
Thankyou mark, that is exactly the case. I hope everybody will just have a little patience, Slysoft wants to keep all its customers happy and works very hard doing so. As soon as we are informed of anything I promise it will be posted.:agree:

Wow, if that is considered an insult... i dunno.

Is "weak" a compliment where you're from?

:rolleyes:

You're criticizing me for not giving you information I don't have (I don't work for Slysoft). You're lucky it's me you're directing this comment at--and not other users.

If you wish to remain welcome here, you will refrain from making rude posts, please. :policeman:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

This matter is closed. Wait for the official press release, please. Sometimes waiting is half the fun.

Last edited:
I bought GJ Pro just now in December when reinstalling the kids machine. Game Jackal is now handling 15 of their games without a need for a CD. It failed on only 3 of their games.

I myself would gladly pay a completely new fee since it was dirt cheap the first time around and it has saved me lots of grief and the kids love it since their games now is only a click away.

If slysoft picks up GJ and do give us old customers a discount I will be more then happy but I am not expecting a discount. I would just be more then happy if the software finds a new home.

This matter is closed. Wait for the official press release, please. Sometimes waiting is half the fun.
Yeah, remember christmas when you were a child?
I don't know the details yet, but I am sure it'll be great for all parties involved.
SlySoft has a history of buying cool products (both AnyDVD & CloneCD were bought from Elaborate Bytes AG, Switzerland, remember?) and a track record of keeping them constantly updated and "state of the art", making them very popular and successful.

As I said, I don't know much more than you do, but I believe you have every reason to be very excited.

New company how about SlyJackal? I like speculations it makes things fun.

Woot! SlySoft taking over GameJackal, that's the best news I have had in a long time. :clap: GameJackal was an excellent program for us users that wanted to protect our original game cd/dvds so we didn't have to place the original disc in the drive, (but you had to own the original in the first place). This meant no nasty nocd files. In my view it was the only program on the market for people that wanted to keep their original media safe. I like many others was disapointed that GameJackal website just closed. I assume it was due to the new laws in Australia. Either way if SlySoft are taking it over this is great news. If SlySoft support it as well as they support AnyDVD then I am going to be a happy man. It would be nice if SlySoft let us Licenced Jamegackal users upgrade to the Slysoft version but I would happly to buy it again if I had to. I hope Slysoft can release a version that is 100% compatible with Vista X64 and continue to update the program to work with newer game titles that get released. Jamejackal was never offically released as a Vista product so I am only installing programs that say they are. :)

I hope we can have some news soon or I might burst and that will make a mess all over the forums! :p

GameJackal is Dead, Long Live GameJackal. :bowdown:

Vista ftw,

I really wish GJ didn't leave us in such bad shape for Vista though...

Hopefully this 'info to come' is also a full product ready to go.

I'm sick of waiting and don't want to revert back to xp.

Vista ftw,

I really wish GJ didn't leave us in such bad shape for Vista though...

Hopefully this 'info to come' is also a full product ready to go.

I'm sick of waiting and don't want to revert back to xp.

The biggest problem with Vista is really nothing at all wrong with Vista and everything wrong with all previous versions of windows and how they were developed for. If the problem you are hitting is with UAC then the app was written poorly (through no fault of the author of the program) and some work needs to be done to get things working.

First thing that might help is to navigate to the storage location for the *.exe files, right click them and go to the compatability tab. Choose the options to run as admin and if that is not enough also pick the option to emulate XP SP2.

As far as driver issues go (which is likely the case with GJ) you might be more sunk and I don't know how to fix the issue with XP drivers that are not compatible with Vista as an end user. I've gotten most XP drivers I've tried to work fine in Vista but I'm sure I was just lucky.

Issues with DRM removal and protected content are more tricky and unlikely to be solved with appcompat settings since so far as I can tell you need to have a driver signed by MS to get unrestricted access to that information in the kernel, at least on x64 versions of Vista. I doubt MS is going to sign a driver that is designed to crack the protected content pipeline. I'm uncertain whether AnyDVD ect needs access to this portion of the kernel to perform its function but I'm certain based on the quality and success of past slysoft software that they know where to look and how to make it work.

Yea, UAC is annoying, turned that off.
The DRM business doesn't affect me.

Vista is a solid OS and a definate improvement over XP.

I just wish all software/hardware would quicken the pace of getting working devices/programs fully functional.

Back