• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

American Gangster HD-DVD playback issue

I cannot seem to playback American Gangster HD-DVD from ISO with or without AnyDVD and PowerDVD. I get a brief glimpse of the "Loading" screen and then I just get PowerDVD counting the time and a blank screen.

Anyone experience anything similar?

I cannot seem to playback American Gangster HD-DVD from ISO with or without AnyDVD and PowerDVD. I get a brief glimpse of the "Loading" screen and then I just get PowerDVD counting the time and a blank screen.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Make sure you check the box for "Rename the highest XPL file" in the Anydvd settings. I forgot also and had to manually rename the 001.XPL file to get the movie to play.

What kind of program do the two of you use to create that ISO ?

Thanks !

What kind of program do the two of you use to create that ISO ?

Thanks !

ImgBurn worked for me here (not on that specific movie though since it's not available over here yet).
I think most people here use it as well...

Last edited:
when re-naming the xpl file

Make sure you check the box for "Rename the highest XPL file" in the Anydvd settings. I forgot also and had to manually rename the 001.XPL file to get the movie to play.

Do you just pick a file name...so that it no longer sees the file?

Back