• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

newbie question rips play via media center?

aleicgrant

ok I am a TOTAL newbie to this. I have been using this program to back up my disks since my kids like to get 6 trillion finger prints on them. My question is, assuming I have the network to do it, can I store these on a media center PC and stream them to say an xbox 360 or PS3 or even an intel mac mini connected to my tv. I have a 5ghz full media band network that can more than handle it and almost 6tb of space on my pc.

Yes......I love movies :)

ok I am a TOTAL newbie to this. I have been using this program to back up my disks since my kids like to get 6 trillion finger prints on them. My question is, assuming I have the network to do it, can I store these on a media center PC and stream them to say an xbox 360 or PS3 or even an intel mac mini connected to my tv. I have a 5ghz full media band network that can more than handle it and almost 6tb of space on my pc.

Yes......I love movies :)

Absolutely :D

No. you can't do that with standard DVD's either (though with DVD you can do on the fly conversions to stream them.)

I'm going to try it but I doubt it's really what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a sub for a kaleidescape server

I'm going to try it but I doubt it's really what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a sub for a kaleidescape server

what are you looking for as a sub? a NAS, if so, check out www.infrant.com/forum, there are many discussion threads on PS3 / X360 media streaming...

I have one of the NV+ with 1.5TB, and it works flawlessly for streaming music and video. The NV+ uses WIZD, UPnP and DNLA to stream video, so you may have to transcode HD material to a format (such as WMV) that can be acceptable for the PS3 / X360...

the good thing about TVersity is that it does transcoding on the fly, but you'll need a PC server to run it from...

you could also convert your rips to divx or mp4, it will save space.

forgot to mention, you can also run the Twonky media server from either the NAS or PC, this software will also stream to X360 & PS3...

Back