• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Crysis

ShadowDestroyer

I will post my system info tomorrow:

Anyhow, when try to create a profile for crysis on vista-64 bit, crysis crashes, and a windows service stops responding. I am not sure what to do in order to correct this issue.

Set up a profile for the 32 bit version of Crysis. It's fairly simple, the game should have installed it for you in your game directory.

64-bit games all seem to have problems and probably will do until GJ goes full 64-bit.

Unfortunately, not many people have a 64-bit OS yet.:(

beg to differ there, 64 bit os is getting more and more common these days, just look for the demand for game jackal 64 for example, and other competititive products...

beg to differ there, 64 bit os is getting more and more common these days, just look for the demand for game jackal 64 for example, and other competititive products...

For those interested... these figures are from the steam site (http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html)
Windows XP 82.09 %
Windows Vista 13.91 %
Windows Vista 64 2.48 %
Windows 2003 64 0.74 %
Windows 2000 0.64 %
Other 1,907 0.15 %

odd, no mention of xp64... though 2.48% for vista 64 seems far too low to me...

I can tell you from what i've read on developer forums etc... XP64 was a non event. Bad driver support was a major issue.

The issue with steam doing the survey is that most of steam's stuff is microsoft only.

I am pretty sure that 64x XP and Vista combined reach at least 5% maybe 10%.

Anyhow, thanks for looking into the issue!

yup, i agree somewhat with the non event, just well, if it really is that low why did slysoft even consider doing gj 64 bit, or the daemon people etc too...

i agree, the hardware arrived well in advance of the software, and caught developers off guard, but i thought it might have changed in the last year or so... just goes to show the market is crazy

bad driver support was definately a conscern in the beginning, and then microsoft not allowing inline asm in their compilers..... just added another nail in the coffin

Crysis 32-bit on Vista 64-Bit isn't Full Screen

When I create a GJ profile for the 32-Bit version of Crysis It isn't quite full screen. It works, but there is a typical Window's bar at the top.

I also get the same error mentioned earlier when trying to run the 64-Bit Crysis via GJ.

Please consider fixing this and creating a 64-Bit version of GJ.

Many thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks Matt! I saw this post you mentioned earlier today!

I sure wish you guys would make software for the Mac too! Perhaps Game Jackal would be a waste (since there are virtually no Mac games), but I'd love to see AnyDVD and Clone DVD ported to the Mac.

After installing the new patch 2, Crysis now complains of a 'conflict with emulation software' when loading via GameJackal.

Looks like they took the opportunity to improve the CD check as well as fix the game bugs. :mad:

Mac and AnyDVD

Thanks Matt! I saw this post you mentioned earlier today!

I sure wish you guys would make software for the Mac too! Perhaps Game Jackal would be a waste (since there are virtually no Mac games), but I'd love to see AnyDVD and Clone DVD ported to the Mac.

Hey JReffner, just use boot camp on your mac and install vista or xp and you can play all the games and use AnyDVD all you want.

Good Suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion. I do, and I already have. It would just be nice to have this same software (Any DVD) when I'm booted in the Mac OS. Vista (for me) is strictly a means to game, and to rip DVDs when MacTheRipper can't.

Which Crysis Do I Use?

When playing Crysis on a 64-Bit Vista Ultimate I previously read that I should use the 64-Bit version of Crysis for the Single Player games (I assume it's located in the Bin64 folder), and the 32-Bit version for multiplayer games (which I assume is in the Bin32 folder).

Is this correct? I tried multiplayer from the 64-Bit version and it worked, so what do I play when? I'd like to know because I'd like to profile the correct version when Jame Jackal finally works with Crysis (GJ 3.0.0.7 crashes Vista for me).

Thank for the help!

I use the 64 version for either. But I am running a 64 bit CPU as well.

After installing the new patch 2, Crysis now complains of a 'conflict with emulation software' when loading via GameJackal.

Looks like they took the opportunity to improve the CD check as well as fix the game bugs. :mad:

I will check this out.

Just now found out about the patch 1.2 haven't installed it yet though.

Back