• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Issues

Mournbringer

Well i have been burning backups of my DVD's, and copying campaign DVD's for one of the 2008 hopefuls. Since i have started all this i reckon i have burned around 700 disks. Generally i go down to BB or CC and buy the DVD-R's that are on sale. As of late i have taken Webslingers advice and purchased the Tiayo Yuden Professional disks (not the economy line), and since i have made the switch i have gotten 3-4 dead disks out of each 100 pack. To date i have never had a bad disk until i switched to the Yuden's. Is it possible that i am getting economy disks trough my supplier? have Yuden's quality faltered? or am i just plain unlucky? I have ordered one last 100pack and if i get and coasters I'm just going to stick the the walmart brand of media, since i have had better luck with it.

Is it possible that i am getting economy disks trough my supplier?

Who is your supplier? Fake Taiyo Yudens abound. click http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-how-to-tell-fake-or-real.html

have Yuden's quality faltered? or am i just plain unlucky?

It's possible, after 700 burns, that your drive is slowly dying.

1. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Sonic's Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

2. 1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

I'm just going to stick the the walmart brand of media

Worst choice ever

i have gotten 3-4 dead disks out of each 100 pack

That's still at 96-97% success rate.

Who is your supplier?

www.meritline.com Following the guide it seems that they are authentic, just did not pay attention to the "Made in Japan" on the box.

1. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Sonic's Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

Done

2.Update your burner's firmware (if available)

Done

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

Next on my list to try, ill bump cloneDVD down to 12x

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"

Done. And i only use -R.

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

I either print right to the disk (if i have the right media) or i use a sharpie

That's still at 96-97% success rate.
i have had nothing below 100% success rate with every other media i have tried. It is just frustrating.

Back