• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3:10 yuma copy protection carried over onto backup

starz

this is a DVD+ R disc status in anydvd,
my back up of 3:10 Yuma

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0N 2007/06/13 14:37
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2289728 sectors (4472 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: 310 To Yuma
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 6 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 was used to decrypt and clone DVD 2.9.1.5 to create ISO/UDF image witch was burned using Nero 8

Is this supposed to happen with this sort of copy protection?

The original disc I backup from is region 1

attached is the log from the backup!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_310 To Yuma.zip
    101 KB · Views: 5
I'd assume the differences are related to changes in the A.I. Scanner. If the old backup works in your standalones then it shouldn't be a problem. If AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 handles the original disc and doesn't have a problem then that is good. In the end it's a bonus if AnyDVD handles the older backup you made but it's always best to make a backup of the original disc.

I'd assume the differences are related to changes in the A.I. Scanner. If the old backup works in your standalones then it shouldn't be a problem. If AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 handles the original disc and doesn't have a problem then that is good. In the end it's a bonus if AnyDVD handles the older backup you made but it's always best to make a backup of the original disc.

don't know if I'd call this a old back up I just made it like 3 hours ago, there same version of anydvd the created the back up is the same version telling me the protection is on my back up, haven't played the disc yet so I don't know if it works,I came across this by accident I have 3 DVD drives in my computer I left my back up in one of my drives and started anydvd to read another disc, I only back up from originals just found this to be odd,

don't know if I'd call this a old back up I just made it like 3 hours ago, there same version of anydvd the created the back up is the same version telling me the protection is on my back up, haven't played the disc yet so I don't know if it works,I came across this by accident I have 3 DVD drives in my computer I left my back up in one of my drives and started anydvd to read another disc, I only back up from originals just found this to be odd,

Oh... sorry. I thought you had previously made the backup using an older version of the software and were noting the difference in the results now.

I'm not sure how to comment on this other than what I already said. If it works then great. James and peer would be able to more fully answer this.

Yeah, I think this is odd too. Are you sure you are looking at the right disk since you have a couple of drives and more than one disk in your computer?

Yeah, I think this is odd too. Are you sure you are looking at the right disk since you have a couple of drives and more than one disk in your computer?

yes the other drives are empty and I restarted anydvd and reinserted the disc, I also moved the disc to another computer running anydvd same status,

yes the other drives are empty and I restarted anydvd and reinserted the disc, I also moved the disc to another computer running anydvd same status,

Something like this is known to happen when making 1:1 backups with CloneCD. When that happens essentially the answer has always been that some residual stuff was left-over since the backup was made on the fly w/o extra things that the AnyDVD ripper and CloneDVD can do.

My non-expert opinion [since I'm not a programmer of the software] is that when it initially removes the protections it detects that it's doing its job correctly. When you then place the backup in and it gets scanned the A.I. Scanner is now scanning a different disc structure than the original disc you made the backup of. It may then detect different things.

When you made the ISO/UDF backup using CloneDVD did you make a selective backup or did you just clone and compress the entire original disc?

Edit: From looking at the log the A.I. Scanner isn't being used when the backup is scanned so you would get the same results even if you had the A.I. Scanner disabled. AnyDVD is removing or ignoring what it deems to be unnecessary during the original backup process. It's always possible that AnyDVD may decide that something that was leftover may be a protection and not be if you later scan the backup. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is protection or that removing it would be bad. I'm not going to state my opinions as facts, however. James & peer are the experts.

Last edited:
Something like this is known to happen when making 1:1 backups with CloneCD. When that happens essentially the answer has always been that some residual stuff was left-over since the backup was made on the fly w/o extra things that the AnyDVD ripper and CloneDVD can do.

My non-expert opinion [since I'm not a programmer of the software] is that when it initially removes the protections it detects that it's doing its job correctly. When you then place the backup in and it gets scanned the A.I. Scanner is now scanning a different disc structure than the original disc you made the backup of. It may then detect different things.

When you made the ISO/UDF backup using CloneDVD did you make a selective backup or did you just clone and compress the entire original disc?

Edit: From looking at the log the A.I. Scanner isn't being used when the backup is scanned so you would get the same results even if you had the A.I. Scanner disabled. AnyDVD is removing or ignoring what it deems to be unnecessary during the original backup process. It's always possible that AnyDVD may decide that something that was leftover may be a protection and not be if you later scan the backup. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is protection or that removing it would be bad. I'm not going to state my opinions as facts, however. James & peer are the experts.

I used clone DVD the middle option on the first page when the programs launched, I compress down to DVD-5 single layer disc and remove all none English subtitles and audio tracks leaving all English and unspecified language tracks and subtitles in place witch results in about 80 % original quality how ever I see no difference on any TV between the compressed and uncompressed versions Far's title sets menu's bonus features and such, I leave all that alone I do all backups this way now and none of my others that had this sort of protection on them register like this one, but as you said above sounds like what it probably is.

Does your backup play fine?

If yes, then there is no issue.

If you are only interested in playability, then yes, there is no issue.

However, if Slysoft cares to study it from a programming standpoint, then it might reveal where there are issues with the AI Scanner logic, and that could be very beneficial to us all...

AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 was used to decrypt and clone DVD 2.9.1.5 to create ISO/UDF image witch was burned using Nero 8

If you created the backup with Clonedvd, Anydvd is simply reporting the wrong information. That is, there is no copy protection on the backup. As James has stated before, in some cases, Anydvd is unable to determine that the protection has been removed.

Back