• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mr. Woodcock - Special Features Disappear!

uncle_3g

Running AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5. When I make a copy of the DVD, the special features (deleted scenes, making of, etc) are all absent from the copy. I notice if I watch the original DVD with Nero ShowTime withe AnyDVD on, those special features don't work; however, when I turn off AnyDVD, they do work. Anyone else with this problem?

Running AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5. When I make a copy of the DVD, the special features (deleted scenes, making of, etc) are all absent from the copy. I notice if I watch the original DVD with Nero ShowTime withe AnyDVD on, those special features don't work; however, when I turn off AnyDVD, they do work. Anyone else with this problem?

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

I believe I used CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 but not sure with anydvd and all my special features work with anydvd on. I am 99% sure I used a beta version of anydvd though. I will need to dig up the DVD to test again though.

Yes, the exact same thing happened with those versions for me on this title, and it happens whether I use CloneDVD with AnyDVD or just the AnyDVD Ripper. It is worse than the previous betas where just the sound was missing on some of the extras. I gave up on it and used DVDFab, though that also has issues - it removed sound on some of the extras, the individual deleted scenes for instance (though if you chose "play all" the sound was there.) I found that I could restore the sound by toggling the audio id from "none" to 0 (zero) in PGCEdit, and then I had a complete copy that I finally burned to a dual layer copy...

Yes, the exact same thing happened with those versions for me on this title, and it happens whether I use CloneDVD with AnyDVD or just the AnyDVD Ripper. It is worse than the previous betas where just the sound was missing on some of the extras. I gave up on it and used DVDFab, though that also has issues - it removed sound on some of the extras, the individual deleted scenes for instance (though if you chose "play all" the sound was there.) I found that I could restore the sound by toggling the audio id from "none" to 0 (zero) in PGCEdit, and then I had a complete copy that I finally burned to a dual layer copy...

I'm confused why you gave up and used DVDFab. This problem was corrected in AnyDVD 6.3.1.0. It may have resurfaced but why did you wait so long to make a backup? You were part of the initial discussions when the problems surfaced.

I believe I used CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 but not sure with anydvd and all my special features work with anydvd on. I am 99% sure I used a beta version of anydvd though. I will need to dig up the DVD to test again though.

AnyDVD 6.3.1.0 was the official release after this problem surfaced as was CloneDVD 2.9.1.5.

I'd like to see a AnyDVD-log package from any of you.

I'd like to see a AnyDVD-log package from any of you.

Webslinger James and peer as it was requested. I can confirm that when you go to the special features that you see and can click on what you want to watch however when you click on deleted and alternate scenes it just goes black for a split second then shows the title screen for the special features again yes the ever lasting loop when you click on a scene on the special features section of the original DVD. Using all the latest of all slysoft software ( I know you hate it when we say that.

In CloneDVD2 it shows nothing for title 4,27,30,33,36,39,42, & 50.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_MR_WOODCOCK.zip
    113 KB · Views: 3
Webslinger James and peer as it was requested. I can confirm that when you go to the special features that you see and can click on what you want to watch however when you click on deleted and alternate scenes it just goes black for a split second then shows the title screen for the special features again yes the ever lasting loop when you click on a scene on the special features section of the original DVD. Using all the latest of all slysoft software ( I know you hate it when we say that.

In CloneDVD2 it shows nothing for title 4,27,30,33,36,39,42, & 50.

Thanks, it's an easy fix, it seems ;)

I'm confused why you gave up and used DVDFab. This problem was corrected in AnyDVD 6.3.1.0. It may have resurfaced but why did you wait so long to make a backup? You were part of the initial discussions when the problems surfaced.

Hi DrinkLyeAndDie,

I've seen your helpful posts in the DVDFab forum on cdfreaks also.

Yes, I was part of the initial discussion when this surfaced, adn neither 6.3.1.0 nor any of the in-between betas ever fixed it for me. Those versions always seemed to "remove" (not actually as I later found out) audio on some of the extras. DVDFab did the same, through it's current release, so I just waited for a solution. In the meantime, I never made it an issue once I saw the notes that it was apparently fixed in AnyDVD (with the excemption of 1:1 sector copiers), because I figured if others were claiming success, then perhaps my results might be isolated, and then I saw the UDF issue with Vista on other titles, which is what I was ripping on, so I decided to just shelve the issue and see if future releases fixed it. Then, when I saw the post by uncle_3g, I knew I was not alone, and decided to let him know the same.

As I mentioned, I found that the audio wasn't really removed - PowerDVD just chooses to not play it because the audio stream 0 has been changed to "none." After I saw that the sound played in Windows Media Player, I dove a little deeper with PGCEdit on my DVDFab backup that was already on my hard drive, and found that if I toggled that audio stream id back to 0, then all was fine. I did this for each of the extra features where the audio was "missing."

So, I could have gone back to a previous version of AnyDVD and re-ripped it to get to the same starting point, but it was just as easy to repair the already existing DVDFab backup.

Anyway, that's how I ended up using the DVDFab backup, and why I chose to not pursue the issue on the forum. Perhaps all/some of those claiming victory were only if backing up the main movie only? If not, then there are apparently some differences in uncle_3g's and my configurations...

Yes, I was part of the initial discussion when this surfaced, adn neither 6.3.1.0 nor any of the in-between betas ever fixed it for me. Those versions always seemed to "remove" (not actually as I later found out) audio on some of the extras. DVDFab did the same, through it's current release, so I just waited for a solution. In the meantime, I never made it an issue once I saw the notes that it was apparently fixed in AnyDVD (with the excemption of 1:1 sector copiers), because I figured if others were claiming success, then perhaps my results might be isolated, and then I saw the UDF issue with Vista on other titles, which is what I was ripping on, so I decided to just shelve the issue and see if future releases fixed it. Then, when I saw the post by uncle_3g, I knew I was not alone, and decided to let him know the same.

As I mentioned, I found that the audio wasn't really removed - PowerDVD just chooses to not play it because the audio stream 0 has been changed to "none." After I saw that the sound played in Windows Media Player, I dove a little deeper with PGCEdit on my DVDFab backup that was already on my hard drive, and found that if I toggled that audio stream id back to 0, then all was fine. I did this for each of the extra features where the audio was "missing."

So, I could have gone back to a previous version of AnyDVD and re-ripped it to get to the same starting point, but it was just as easy to repair the already existing DVDFab backup.

Anyway, that's how I ended up using the DVDFab backup, and why I chose to not pursue the issue on the forum. Perhaps all/some of those claiming victory were only if backing up the main movie only? If not, then there are apparently some differences in uncle_3g's and my configurations...

AnyDVD 6.3.1.0 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 worked for a full-disc backup. I confirmed that one. HvnsMessiah [hope I spelled that right] was a huge help in finding the temporary solution for the audio problem. After that was discovered CloneDVD was fixed. At fault was the Enable auto-selection of removed streams feature in CloneDVD. If it was disabled the audio problems vanished in versions prior to CloneDVD 2.9.1.5.

Yes, a new problem has surfaced with the extras being removed at some point since AnyDVD 6.3.1.0 was released. It should be resolved soon, I would think, from reading peer's response.

Last edited:
Thanks, it's an easy fix, it seems ;)
I'm glad to hear that others are having trouble with these Deleted scenes.
I've been trying to get this addressed since 02/09/08 when I initially notified Slysoft & was tracking it via their support link.

I've just been getting the run around on this. I had provided various log files, provided screen shots of the Source DVD & ripped results, yet was not offered any assistance on how to resolve this.

I realize that they may get lots of bogus/fictitious reports. That's why they had me produce various log files. I don't have a problem with providing the information, especially since I know first hand(working in support), how valuable that information is. But this appeared to be a legitimate issue & worth investigating to see if there's a slight chance that there may be a bug in the software.
Then one day I checked on the status of the ticket and it had been closed. Then to cloud issues, it was merged with a closed unrelated ticket. My last email from them 02/14/08, mentioned the merging was an oversight and Chris was supposed to follow up on this.

I haven't heard from anyone since. Today, prior to seeing this, I had sent a followup.
This was my first technical experience with their support and it hasn't been a pleasant one. :(

Last edited:
AnyDVD 6.3.1.0 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 worked for a full-disc backup. I confirmed that one. HvnsMessiah [hope I spelled that right] was a huge help in finding the temporary solution for the audio problem. After that was discovered CloneDVD was fixed. At fault was the Enable auto-selection of removed streams feature in CloneDVD. If it was disabled the audio problems vanished in versions prior to CloneDVD 2.9.1.5.

Yes, a new problem has surfaced with the extras being removed at some point since AnyDVD 6.3.1.0 was released. It should be resolved soon, I would think, from reading peer's response.

OK, I believe you if you say it worked it full-disc backup mode, but it didn't for me, even if I disable that option in CloneDVD, thought that was supposed to not be necessary any longer as of version 2.9.1.5, and it happens with AnyDVD Ripper also. I saw others claiming that the betas right before the present versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD allowed them to do a full-disc backup with all sound, so I figured it might be something on my end. Then when the current versions were release, I tried it both ways to see if things had improved, but found that both AnyDVD/CloneDVD or AnyDVD Ripper totally removed the extras, and decided it was a lost cause (at least for me and uncle_3g). But it rekindled my curiosity about the missing (actually disabled) sound and I found I could fix it with PGCEdit.

Since the sound was disabled even with AnyDVD Ripper for me in 6.3.1.0, it doesn't seem like that option in CloneDVD could be the only cause....

Anyway, AnyDVD has worked fine for me for titles since this one...

OK, I believe you if you say it worked it full-disc backup mode, but it didn't for me, even if I disable that option in CloneDVD, thought that was supposed to not be necessary any longer as of version 2.9.1.5, and it happens with AnyDVD Ripper also. I saw others claiming that the betas right before the present versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD allowed them to do a full-disc backup with all sound, so I figured it might be something on my end. Then when the current versions were release, I tried it both ways to see if things had improved, but found that both AnyDVD/CloneDVD or AnyDVD Ripper totally removed the extras, and decided it was a lost cause (at least for me and uncle_3g). But it rekindled my curiosity about the missing (actually disabled) sound and I found I could fix it with PGCEdit.

Since the sound was disabled even with AnyDVD Ripper for me in 6.3.1.0, it doesn't seem like that option in CloneDVD could be the only cause....

Anyway, AnyDVD has worked fine for me for titles since this one...

Hmmm... I'm going to have to re-read my older posts to figure out everything. I don't remember everything off the top of my head.

I haven't heard from anyone since. Today, prior to seeing this, I had sent a followup.
This was my first technical experience with their support and it hasn't been a pleasant one. :(

I just checked and reviewed your ticket. I have to say, that I'm terribly sorry - with this one everything that could have went wrong, did.

Our support team often has to deal with deciding whether or not a problem really is one, or the user simply thinks he has a problem where there is none.
You can find this phenomenon in this forum just as well (Webslinger will tell you stories about this when he finds the time ;) )

Sometimes the decision made is wrong (either in one or the other direction), after all the support team is a bunch of human beings.
And in your case, the matter should have been simply passed on to the developers.

I apologize for the way this went - believe me, this is not the usual ...

I just checked and reviewed your ticket. I have to say, that I'm terribly sorry - with this one everything that could have went wrong, did.

Our support team often has to deal with deciding whether or not a problem really is one, or the user simply thinks he has a problem where there is none.
You can find this phenomenon in this forum just as well (Webslinger will tell you stories about this when he finds the time ;) )

Sometimes the decision made is wrong (either in one or the other direction), after all the support team is a bunch of human beings.
And in your case, the matter should have been simply passed on to the developers.

I apologize for the way this went - believe me, this is not the usual ...

Peer, I appreciate the time, you took to look into the matter. To say I was frustrated would be a severe understatement. Also, working in support, we try to put a positive spin on things. Whenever things like this happen, we look at it, as an opportunity to try and set things in place, to hopefully, prevent this from happening in the future. After all, we're only human. :)

Back