• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone recommend good media?

bpaboyce

Again, I apologize if this is a common topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew what media this program liked so I won't get a "media write error." I have tried Sony, Magnovox and Memorex--believe it or not, Officemax generic were working the best until they changed their supplier. What have you all had good luck with? Right now about 8/10 of these magnovox's are failing to complete.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Verbatim +R 16x, usually burn at 8x or 12x.

Last I checked, there were two different manufacturers for these discs (Prodisc and CMC, I think... though somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Generally I think the CMC are thought to be better, and you can usually tell them by the "times new roman" style font on the Lock <-----> Unlock label of the spindle. Prodisc seem to use Sans Serif.

I have been using Taio Yuden. I have used over 1500 with only 1 coaster. Get them thru the Super Media Store. I use DVD-R.
Oracle

Since i've been using ss, i haven't had any media not work well. I just grab the cheapest thing on the shelf. Last 50pk was Phillips 16x -R; now i'm on a 50pk of Imation 16x -R... and before that i think it was Sony -R. Using a Ricoh lightscribe burner that's a couple years old.

I don't like getting more than 50 b/c i keep hearing about some disks not working well but i would go with >50 pk on any of the one's listed above now that i know they cook well.

I've been very lucky with sony +R. WORKS ALL THE TIME!!:rock:

Last edited:
Since i've been using ss, i haven't had any media not work well. I just grab the cheapest thing on the shelf. Last 50pk was Phillips 16x -R; now i'm on a 50pk of Imation 16x -R... and before that i think it was Sony -R. Using a Ricoh lightscribe burner that's a couple years old.

Cheap media may work but will the backups still be watchable over an extended period of time. Most likely, they will skip and pixelate.
Verbatim and Ty +R booktyped to DVD-ROM will assure your backups will be playable on most any player well into the future.

I tried virtually every brand with name recognition, and they didn't work well for me. So I stayed with TDK. I recommend TDK. Always abstain from useing cheaper priced nondescript brands, they'll fail you the most.

I tried virtually every brand with name recognition, and they didn't work well for me. So I stayed with TDK. I recommend TDK. Always abstain from useing cheaper priced nondescript brands, they'll fail you the most.

TDK is pretty bad, especially the ones that code out as Riteks and are sold at Costcos (B grade junk). Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline)

Back