• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A1 Scanner error at 56% of We Own the Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JRude

I am Having same issue as another on DVD We Own the Night, Sony title, Region 1.
Any DVD A1 Ripper stops at 56% in vob 5 of main title copying to hard drive.
Neither Nero, DVD Shrink nor DVD Decrypter can read file past that point. Sony
disc DOES have PC_clickme as an autorun but I disabled it by holding Control Key
while inserting disc. It does NOT appear Any DVD defeats PC_clickme as it
attempted to run while on Any DVD version 6.3.1.5., running in Default. I have
gotten a SECOND DVD getting same error. There are no scratches or visible
imperfections.

Is this a new protection or a bad disc run? Stopping at same point indicates not
a random error.
Please find log file attached.
I have no other vid processors on the PC. This is the first incidence of a disc
I cannot workaround in some manner to backup!
This error happens on either of the two drives I have installed on a Sony VAIO
XP Home SP2. email also sent to Support with same info.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_We Own the Night.zip
    103 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Subtitle showing as copy to HD ends

As a copied vob ends there is a short subtitle display right before the copy ends incompleted. I did NOT have the player set to display subtitles. This MAY be a cause of the 56% stop error?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully please

Sony
disc DOES have PC_clickme as an autorun but I disabled it by holding Control Key
while inserting disc. It does NOT appear Any DVD defeats PC_clickme as it
attempted to run while on Any DVD version 6.3.1.5., running in Default.

Anydvd does, in fact, block that file from running provided you had Anydvd running before inserting any disc with that file. If you inserted a disc with that file on it in the past without Anydvd running first, then your system registry has likely been hijacked (I would check your system registry for instances of pc_clickme). Quite simply, no file can run automatically upon inserting a dvd-video disc without autorun being enabled, and Anydvd blocks autorun provided PC-Friendly is enabled in Anydvd.

Is this a new protection or a bad disc run?

There's nothing terribly special on this disc. Just RCE and CSS.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged.

Another possibility is that pc_clickme is causing problems on your system.

Last edited:
Errored Test With Nero CDSpeed

At 56.4% The disc errored in Nero Speed.
Benchmark Test; Error! L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR (031105)
ScanDisc; At 56.4% Shows disc is bad, test drops to almost zero level speed
From site;
http://www.devhardware.com/forums/storage-devices-80/ide-ata33-cable-a-liteon-dvd-cd-rw-2780

9.html
<The DVD had copy protection that threw an error during the test.>
I have no errors in either drive with other discs. The DVD We Own the Night plays fine on PC and standalone players. There is SOMETHING there that is defeating the copy to hard drive by not allowing read. My Registry has no entries foe PC_clickme.exe or any of it's associated entries. I see by Googling that others are having problems with this title also. An unrecognized false vob type info? I do not know. But I think a deeper check is required by somebody with the tools to do so. Thank you.

The DVD We Own the Night plays fine on PC and standalone players.

That's fairly meaningless.
Just because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.

I see by Googling that others are having problems with this title also.

Then there's likely a large quantity of bad original discs that have been released.

But I think a deeper check is required by somebody with the tools to do so.

No.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=89169&postcount=2 and click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=89176&postcount=3

Two people here have had no problems with this disc.

Last edited:
I had no problems backing up this disc,with ANYDVD6313, and Clone 2915. I did not try to rip, I went straight disc to disc.

Two

I am happy two have been able to backup this disc. I am concerned with my not being able to back it up. Increasingly new releases have issues and it does no service to tell me it is primarily due to bad discs. It is done by on the edge encoding of newer discs. Why is this such a problem to admit? I do not need semi adversarial remarks nor illusions that all is OK. It is NOT. There are protections on these discs that need to be adressed.

It is done by on the edge encoding

"On the edge" what? No. What you're writing is complete nonsense.

Your discs are bad, or your drives are dying. Period
Clean your discs, reduce your read speed, replace your discs, or get new drives.

The issue you're having has nothing to do with Anydvd. Fred0149 also had no problems, so that makes three people. If there were an issue with this disc and Anydvd no one would be able to back it up. There is no special protection on this disc. It just has RCE and CSS. If you know what you're doing, PC_clickme isn't an issue either.

Bad original discs are becoming more common.

Last edited:
"Bad Discs"

You know and I know that the industry is trying every avenue in a shotgun approach to encoding so PC's cannot read discs. If only a few PC's cant read, so be it. It only happens with THIS disc. No others. My drives are not dying. To categorize all errors as ''bad discs'' is ignoring the reality. If ''bad discs'' means anything Any DVD can't read on some platforms is ''bad'' I guess that's it. Thank you for your time. J. R.

You know and I know that the industry is trying every avenue in a shotgun approach to encoding so PC's cannot read discs. If only a few PC's cant read, so be it. It only happens with THIS disc. No others. My drives are not dying. To categorize all errors as ''bad discs'' is ignoring the reality. If ''bad discs'' means anything Any DVD can't read on some platforms is ''bad'' I guess that's it. Thank you for your time. J. R.

What about the Industry simply wanting to make more money and by contracting out the disc manufacturing at a cheaper price using cheaper materials the chances of bad discs goes up. Ignoring the fact that large quantities of bad discs are being sold is simply silly.

Simply using logic could you explain to me how other people have copied this disc w/o problems with AnyDVD while you can't if this is some new protection? Do you understand how that would make no sense?

Last edited:
It only happens with THIS disc.

You are mistaken. You are not the first person to encounter read errors from poorly pressed discs. In fact, CRC, FileIO3, and TCSectorReader are the most common errors on the forum; and they all basically involve the same thing: bad original discs. This isn't something new. When there's no structural protection on the original discs (and there is no structural protection on this disc), the problem (unless there's some sort of driver conflict) is a bad original disc or poor reader.

There is no conspiracy theory here. You are not experiencing anything new; thousands of people have encountered bad original discs (and/or poorly reading drives).

Last edited:
Anydvd does, in fact, block that file from running provided you had Anydvd running before inserting any disc with that file. If you inserted a disc with that file on it in the past without Anydvd running first, then your system registry has likely been hijacked (I would check your system registry for instances of pc_clickme). Quite simply, no file can run automatically upon inserting a dvd-video disc without autorun being enabled, and Anydvd blocks autorun provided PC-Friendly is enabled in Anydvd.

That sounds to me like a good argument for having Any DVD memory resident (load at boot up) - for those who don't already do so ...

That sounds to me like a good argument for having Any DVD memory resident (load at boot up) - for those who don't already do so ...

Yep. Its's an easy way to help ensure you don't get the nasty alpha-disc rootkit on your system.

Slysoft does its best to accomodate all of their customers, the fact remains that the industry that makes these discs are putting out crap, bad stampings and other things that Slysoft has no control over, if the disc can be backedup here, and you can't do it then the problem is with the disc or your computer . Enough said.:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back