• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony VAIO with Matshita BD-MLT UJ 2105

There is a known issue with this drive I believe not able to make region free no matter what software you use. Need to think about replaceing drive.

There is a known issue with this drive I believe not able to make region free no matter what software you use. Need to think about replaceing drive.
Yes, or connect an external drive.

Sony is very big in the movie industry. But I'm so sure there could be no correlation between this fact and the fact that they choose to put matshita or matsushita drives into their computers. These nice people would never do somthing bad to us right? ;)

Seriously, these "Mat-Matsu" drives they include in their VAIOs might be another hardware compliment or attempt to succeed where they failed at (and got busted for) their RootKit abomination.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Sony is very big in the movie industry. But I'm so sure there could be no correlation between this fact and the fact that they choose to put matshita or matsushita drives into their computers. These nice people would never do somthing bad to us right? ;)

Seriously, these "Mat-Matsu" drives they include in their VAIOs might be another hardware compliment or attempt to succeed where they failed at (and got busted for) their RootKit abomination.

Whisperer
Conspiracy theory? I believe the reason is, that the Matsushita (Panasonic) notebook OEM drives are the cheapest they can get.
They are used by Sony (who have their own Sony-Nec "OptiArc" drives), IBM/Lenovo, Toshiba (who have their own TSSTCORP drives!) and Apple.
It is hard to get a notebook *without* a Matsushita drive these days.
Maybe Samsung (who use - what a surprise - Samsung drives).

Back