• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

300 HD-DVD Combo Disk not readable with AnyDVD HD

havnfun

I'm also having problems backing up 300 hd-dvd. AnyDVD HD seems to not to be able to remove the AACS protection.
I'm using the lastest version.

ImgBurn says the disc is copy protected! Copyright protection System Type: AACS. Sorry ImgBurn can't read copy protected discs.
This is with 2.4.0.0 Will I be able to copy with an older version?

Attached is my log file if it really matters. It seems to play fine in my player(LG GGC-H20L).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_300_HDDVD.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Media is AACS protected!
Error getting volume hash!
ERROR processing HD DVD disc!

You have a bad disc. Get it replaced.

And uh, that's a little unnerving about ImgBurn. I need to run some tests for another reason. That won't be good if it's doing what I think it is. I'm gonna start yelling at James if it is. :)

EDIT: SON OF A....Webbie's going to KILL me. Looks like I killed another program. :D ImgBurn 2.4.0.0 will no longer make an ISO of an encrypted disc. This is bad for my bad disc troubleshooting guide. Ohhhhh, James....we need to talk. :)

Last edited:
Please do not post in other people's troubleshooting thread unless you wish to assist them. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully please. Thank you

Attached is my log file if it really matters. It seems to play fine in my player(LG GGC-H20L).

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
NTIDrvr (system32\DRIVERS\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.6 (1.0.0.6)
Company: NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002 NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6

from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html

NTIDrv - NTI CD-ROM Driver used by New Tech Infosystems Inc in their burning and ripping engine

I'm pretty sure NTI FileCD, which is packet writing software, installs this driver. Packet writing software often causes problems with Slysoft software and other software in general. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

This filter has got to go!

UBHelper (system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys), Version: unknown

Hmm . . . This appears to be from NTI CD & DVD-Maker, but I don't know what program exactly. And I don't know if it causes problems. For the sake of troubleshooting, I would get rid of it.

1. Uninstall NTI's Filecd packet writing software, and ensure NTIDrvr no longer appears in your upper filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

But if you can't figure out how to remove (or uninstall that program) that filter (or how to check your filters), do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "NTIDrvr". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "UBHelper". Click "Remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Try again

read sectors failed, sense 3:2:0
tries 9 retry 7046368 to 7046384
tries 8 retry 7046368 to 7046384
tries 7 retry 7046368 to 7046384
tries 6 retry 7046368 to 7046384
tries 5 retry 7046368 to 7046384
read sectors failed, sense 3:10:ffffff90
tries 4 retry 7046368 to 7046384
read sectors failed, sense 3:10:ffffff90
tries 3 retry 7046368 to 7046384
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
tries 2 retry 7046368 to 7046384
tries 1 retry 7046368 to 7046384
WM_POWERBROADCAST 0xa
tries 0 retry 7046368 to 7046384
read error 7046368 to 7046384, max 13633888, io->read_error 1
HD: Error getting volume hash!

That generally indicates a bad original disc, unless your drive is slowly dying.

Last edited:
Sorry about attaching my problem to another thread but I assumed this might still be a problem and didn't want to start another thread about the same thing.

I don't believe its a problem with the combo drive I have as I haven't had any problems with any other BR or HD discs. It plays fine with the drive but when anydvdHD tries to scan it, it seems to have problems so I have to turn it off. I just thought it might have been something James overlooked.

Thanks for the info though. I'll give the suggestions Webslinger gave a try.

I didn't say it was a problem with the drive. I said it was a problem with the disc. :) And I still believe that you have a bad disc that should be replaced.

Sorry about attaching my problem to another thread but I assumed this might still be a problem and didn't want to start another thread about the same thing.

That's exactly what you should do in the future, since this is not a known problem between Anydvd and this disc (in other words, when the problem is definitely Anydvd, I don't care when people post in the same thread). But in this case it isn't. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully please. No need to apologize

NTIDrv - NTI CD-ROM Driver used by New Tech Infosystems Inc in their burning and ripping engine

This filter has got to go!

FYI: I removed NTIDrv and UBHelper at the same time and then Nero Showtime stopped working. Reloaded my registry and Showtime was ok.
Just wanted people to be aware if they start removing filters. Maybe it can be replaced with something else but for now I'm going to leave them as is.

It didn't seem to help my situation.

Looks like a bad disc as I got an older verion of ImgBurn and was able to copy it till about 51% before it errored. I think I'm going to try and stay clear of these dual format discs. They are likely nothing but trouble.

Looks like a bad disc as I got an older verion of ImgBurn and was able to copy it till about 51% before it errored. I think I'm going to try and stay clear of these dual format discs. They are likely nothing but trouble.

This is why I wrote the bad disc guide...so that people would understand that there are far more bad discs out there than they realize and so they'll stop blaming AnyDVD for their issues. (I'm not saying you blamed AnyDVD, but, a lot of people do.) I'm glad you were able to track it down. And yes, the combo discs suck for quality. It's a shame, really, as it was a pretty good concept.

FYI: I removed NTIDrv and UBHelper at the same time and then Nero Showtime stopped working. Reloaded my registry and Showtime was ok.

That's a bit bizarre, because I don't have either of those filters on my system and Nero Showtime works perfectly fine. Since you're having problems, simply uninstall NTI's Filecd.

I think I'm going to try and stay clear of these dual format discs. They are likely nothing but trouble.

Combo discs are notoriously bad.

Last edited:
Web, ok I'll give that a try. What I did was uninstall the filters thru imgburn. I'll play with it some this weekend when I get a chance.

Thanks again.

Back