• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

info

I'm really not much of a gamer, but personally, I find the whole thing intriguing. It's been something to look forward to every morning.
Anyone that had Game Jackal from the previous developers, should feel better knowing that there is hope for revival, and I believe that is what the original post was for. :clap:

I'm really not much of a gamer, but personally, I find the whole thing intriguing. It's been something to look forward to every morning.
Anyone that had Game Jackal from the previous developers, should feel better knowing that there is hope for revival, and I believe that is what the original post was for. :clap:
And aren't speculations and rumours fun as well? :D

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to the press release. GJ really helped me with my gaming experiences. I buy all of my games and have way too many CD/DVDs to keep track of, and the ability to use the original cd once and then put it away somewhere safe and still play the game is fantastic.

Nobody forces you to browse, read or even post in the Gamejackal subforum.

Just the fact that Slysoft OPENED this forum forces me to post in it :D

Now if only they post something useful in it other than we have to wait, heck how about a tentative time WHEN they will be able to post more info for us.

Just the fact that Slysoft OPENED this forum forces me to post in it :D

Now if only they post something useful in it other than we have to wait, heck how about a tentative time WHEN they will be able to post more info for us.
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Cue :policeman: : "Please wait until the Press Release."

I'm interested in it if it gets better than it was. I had it for awhile (I am a serious gamer as you can see from my sig). It was kind of cumbersome to use and I found it only moderately successful. A lot of times I found a no cd/dvd crack (which is a lot easier, and yes I do buy all my games) before the program would work with a specific game. No cd/dvd cracks exist for just about every game except Starforce protected ones, which Game Jackel can't do anything with either. I never found a game where Game Jackel worked when a successful no cd/dvd crack did not already exist (and that was the point of me getting it). The Game Jackel forum is full of posts with issues and unresolved problems (I know, I've posted there). I ended up just un-installing it cause finding a no cd/dvd crack ended up easier to do, was more successful, and I didn't like that it was plugged so deep into the OS. The program is a good idea in theory (it's what attracted me to it in the first place) cause it gets to be a hassle to insert a cd/dvd each time playing a game, especially when you have over 50 games. I'm all for making a gamer's experience more user friendly. You'd think game makers would be behind a product like this being it only works if you have the original disk to start with. The product does need improvement though, I hope if someone brings it back, they are prepared to do a lot of work on it. To tell the truth, I don't think the program stands much of a chance succeeding if the game makers are not going to get behind it (and it doesn't look like they are cause to this point, all they seemed to be doing was trying to blacklist it to keep if from working). I think there was more to it than copyright laws that made them fold. The program was problematic and I don't think they made any money on it. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Please do as Cloned DVD has asked " Wait for the Press Release, when we have more information to give you we will. Thankyou. I cannot give you information I do not possess.

Please do as Cloned DVD has asked " Wait for the Press Release, when we have more information to give you we will. Thankyou. I cannot give you information I do not possess.

Until then... Is it ok if we talk among ourselves? Or would it be best not to do that either?

If we can't talk among ourselves or speculate, this thread should just be closed then. I think whoever started this thread should know people are going to come in and talk about it and/or share past experiences with the program as I did.

Last edited:
If we can't talk among ourselves or speculate, this thread should just be closed then. I think whoever started this thread should know people are going to come in and talk about it and/or share past experiences with the program as I did.

Of course, you may talk and speculate. Speculate away. :D

Until then... Is it ok if we talk among ourselves? Or would it be best not to do that either?
Sure it is ok. Isn't anticipation wonderful? :D
Let's start with something... hmm...

(Please note that I don't give official statements. Just some ideas for your discussion. I don't know the answer to most of these questions myself)

Did SlySoft really buy GameJackal?
SlySoft has a history of buying cool products (remember AnyDVD and CloneCD? Both were bought from Elaborate BYtes AG, Switzerland), so you might want to make comparisons.
*If* they bought it - what did they buy?
The name? The program? The people behind it? The technology? The whole company?
Why did they do it? Just selling the same products that existed before? Squeezing money from existing customers? (unless SlySoft got it really cheap, this would be stupid)
How much did it cost? Will they ever get their investment back? Do they have a bigger goal? Merging the technology of GameJackal with CloneCD? And Virtual CloneDrive? Creating the "Über Game Clone Copy Emulation program" everyone has been waiting for?
Looking at AnyDVD's and CloneCD's track records, will GameJackal be equally well maintained and updated? Who will do all this? Poor overworked James again? (yes, that's me)
Who will be bought next? Alcohol Software? Sony? Microsoft? Apple? Sun? :D

[OT] On who'll be bought next I vote you buy out MS![/OT] I love this ideal and think if you did no DRM!

Did SlySoft buy GJ?
*If* they did WILL they release an x64 version?
Will they ever tell us about it if they do?
Will I continue to beat my head against my keyboard if they don't?

All these questions and more will be answered WHEN...

"Please wait until the Press Release."

:doh:

Now, that's a good one:
Did SlySoft buy GJ?
*If* they did WILL they release an x64 version?
Because this will certainly not be covered in the press release. Out of curiosity (and sorry to sound stupid), how important is x64 compatibility?
Do games really run better under x64? I had the impression that quite the opposite would be true.

vista capable?

i know they were working on having gamejackal work with vista.i took this from my update log in gamejackal. Release v2.8.17.490 - release
* Fixed a bug that could cause an "Insert CD" message to appear when Game Jackal loaded.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Extended Profiler dialog to hang at 100%
* Fixed a bug that was causing an error to be displayed when launching under Windows Vista.
* Improved the launch speed of some games.
* Improved application icons to be more Windows Vista friendly.

Do games really run better under x64? I had the impression that quite the opposite would be true.

If they are x64 coded, then they will. Otherwise, there is little to no improvement. What gaming developers are more focused on is using more than one core processor.

Last edited:
Back