• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encrypted data DVD

Roundtree

Greetings,

I have a data dvd that is encrypted. I did not know when I purchased it that the contents cannot be copied onto my hard drive. To make use of the info on the dvd I have to always insert it in my dvd rom which is very inconvenient and increases the possibility of its being scratched.

Is there a decrypter for data dvd's?

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not a gamer and I do not want to spend 29 euros (the cost of Game Jackal Pro) in order to play one dvd.

Try AShampoo or Alcohol 120% or you can set up a Virtual drive.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not a gamer and I do not want to spend 29 euros (the cost of Game Jackal Pro) in order to play one dvd.

GameJackal doesn't just work for games, and it also has an advantage over some virtual drives in that 1) the profiles are smaller (saving you space on your hard drive) and 2) do not require third party application hiders for most safedisc and securerom protected programs

Charlie, I think to download CloneCD today. However I already have dvdnextcopy installed. Are there any known conflicts between the two softwares?

No I use them together without issues you'll be fine.

No I use them together without issues you'll be fine.

For most recent protections, Clonecd will not work by itself without emulation. This is one reason why I recommended Game Jackal (but Game Jackal mostly works with Safedisc and Securerom protections . . . not Tages nor Starforce)

Webslinger, as a novice I sure would appreciate your telling me what emulation is in the sense that you are using it.

And why does might it pose a problem if I use CloneCD as Charlie suggested???

Thank you.

I see Webslinger thanks for the info. I told the user to try it and see here as I have no ideal what to recommend besides clonecd :) or alcohol 120. Maybe dameon tools?

Webslinger, as a novice I sure would appreciate your telling me what emulation is in the sense that you are using it.

A program runs in the background and basically emulates the protection on the disc, which allows you to run a backup without issue.

And why does might it pose a problem if I use CloneCD as Charlie suggested???

Clonecd does not provide emulation. That's what Game Jackal is for.

or alcohol 120. Maybe dameon tools?

Alcohol 120% is using emulation as well, and alcohol 120%'s virtual drives are based on Daemon Tools.

Game Jackal has a distinct advantage over those virtual drives in that the profiles tend to be smaller.

Back