• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Martian Child

timma05

When I try to burn it it scans for a few then stops almost immediately and says it couldnt process a certain vob (cycle redundancy or something like that). Although as I went to post this and get the exact problematic spot it went through and worked, but when it prompted me to insert the blank dvd it burnt for a couple of minutes than said media write error and didnt budge any on the progress bar, but for some reason wrote on about 1/3 of the disc(with nothing on it)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_MARTIAN_CHILD.zip
    112 KB · Views: 13
1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.5: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want.

4. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A. Upload the .zip to the fourms:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the original disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Nero said it was a bad disc, and my buddy was able to get that one burnt so I guess problem solved, but one other quick question: I was attempting to burn Kill Bill and it did the write error thing where the write never really starts but it still writes like a half inch of data on the blank dvd-r. I took you advice and took my 16x down to 12x and it still did this, would there be any other reason for this?

Nero said it was a bad disc, and my buddy was able to get that one burnt so I guess problem solved, but one other quick question: I was attempting to burn Kill Bill and it did the write error thing where the write never really starts but it still writes like a half inch of data on the blank dvd-r. I took you advice and took my 16x down to 12x and it still did this, would there be any other reason for this?

Yeah, poor choice of blank media, possibly your drive's firmware needs to be update, and you may have software on your system that is causing conflicts.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim,, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.)
e) Click this and read
f) i) Ensure Anydvd is running.
ii) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
iii) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
iv) Select "Create Logfile"
v) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
vi) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
vii) Go to your My Documents folder
viii) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
ix) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

x) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
xi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
xii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
xiii) click "upload"

Ok so I checked all this and now everytime I try to burn a dvd i get the Writedvd 10 11 W2 message, everytime.My burner is a internal TSSTCORP CDDVDW TS-L632H TO01 TF, with the latest softwares and latest firmwares for the burner. But heres the crazy thing it only happens the first time, then once it ruins one blank dvd-r I insert another and it starts up just fine.(by the way im using hp's which Ive been using for the longest time and had no problems with) The full problem is the dvd gets all the way done and it says insert recordable media and when I put it in there it says setting up earsing, then writing(while the progress stays on 0%) and the drive runs for about 5 minutes, then it starts the writing of the 1/4-1/2 inch strip on the media, then the drive quiets down and I get the message. So I pop it out, put another in and it works. Quite frustrating wasting all these dvd-rs

1. What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3) What version of Clonedvd are you using?

(by the way im using hp's which Ive been using for the longest time and had no problems with)

Don't. And that's meaningless because HP doesn't make it's own blank media.

Use Tayio Yuden (not valueline). If you're in the U.S., one source is supermediastore.com

I'd also try a different burner.

I knocked the speed from best available to 8-12x(used both and had the problem). Im using this burner because its in my new laptop, I have an external which I may have to switch to if it works. I just cant quite understand why all of a sudden this problem is coming up, Ive probably went through 50 or so of these hp blanks with no problems at all, then one time it happens and it repeats

I knocked the speed from best available to 8-12x(used both and had the problem). Im using this burner because its in my new laptop, I have an external which I may have to switch to if it works. I just cant quite understand why all of a sudden this problem is coming up, Ive probably went through 50 or so of these hp blanks with no problems at all, then one time it happens and it repeats

It's possible the problem is your drive or your choice of blank media.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

Back