• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping Issues

viyujoe

Let me preface this by stating that this isnt the only dvd i am having problems with but the problems are all the same.

Here is what i am doing:

I put the dvd in the drive and anydvd scans it (see below). I click copy dvd to hard drive and it errors out everytime FileIO 0 E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also attached the log file.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-112D 1.15 07/03/05PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1545840 sectors (3019 MBytes)
Total size: 3085605 sectors (6026 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_GOOD_GERMAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_GOOD_GERMAN.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 4
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Open AnyDVD and click default. This feature doesn't always work and then try to rip again.

I click copy dvd to hard drive

Using Anydvd ripper?

and it errors out everytime FileIO 0 E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO.

Is that the full error message? What drive letter corresponds with your hard drive?

I know what Fileio 3 and 4 refer to. I'm having trouble remembering what FileIO 0 means.

I know Fileio 3 tends to be a reading error (bad original disc)
Fileio 4 means Anydvd can't write (often due to a lack of space on the hard drive).

Does FileIO 0 mean Anydvd can't open the disc/file? Does anyone remember?

Well, I sent a PM off to peer and James. I can't remember what Fileio 0 means, at this time.

Last edited:
Ripping Issues Revised

Thanks for the quick reply.

Correct, that is the entire error message i recieve and i am using anydvd to rip video to hard disk.

I rip everything to Windows XP native hard drive C: which has just under 200GB available.

Another quirk i have with Anydvd is that when if i put the disk in the same dvd drive, 3 out of 5 times anydvd will not read it although windows has no problem.

Last edited:
FileIO error 0 = FileReadOpenError according to James

So it would seem that fileio 0 means that Anydvd can't open the file for some reason.

I'm not seeing any issue with your filters. Have Anydvd running before inserting the disc, and try another drive. If that doesn't resolve your issue, then, unfortunately I'm out of suggestions. Something on your system is likely interfering with Anydvd, but I am unable to determine what that is at this time.

Just a thought, since I had I/O error when I first started using AnyDVD. However, I was not trying to rip to my hard drive.

It turned out that my 3 year old DP 300n drive needed a firmware upgrade. I discovered this after I put the DVD in a new HP drive and everything worked fine.

Ripping Issue

I thought maybe some foreign process was interfering with AnyDvd so i uninstalled everything aside from critical applications. I ran spybot, avg, hijack this, and a couple others.

I even took the pc apart and reseated the ide cable connecting the drive to the mobo. Some part of that worked and now all of the dvd's i were having issues with work properly.

The curious part is that different dvd's were giving me different IO errors, some 0, 3, and even 4.

I have been trying to find the latest firmware since i am on 1.15 but i am stuck finding where to find the firmware and pioneers website is terrible.

Again, Thanks for the Help :)

I have been trying to find the latest firmware since i am on 1.15 but i am stuck finding where to find the firmware and pioneers website is terrible.

I provided the link in my previous post.

Back