• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible new protection & data error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deulce

New Protection Found & Data Error

I sent an email to slysoft about the same subject...as webslinger has instructed to do so when we find new protection that anydvd couldn't handle yet.

I've uploaded the AnyDVD Logfile
The media I'm trying to copy is from China
It's titled "Geography Magazine" Romance and enjoyment from the nature

The problem
The DVD has no scratches.
When the CloneDVD2 processing error appears. (Data error: Cyclical Redundancy Check)
I click retry and it resumes to copy for a few seconds before the error comes up again.

Something Unusual
Structural copy protection and invalid cell pieces are only found by AnyDVD when I set AI scan to always on. Although it says that the protection is removed, the error on CloneDVD2 still appears.

I hope you can help me fix this problem.
Below is the error information from CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD Status Information

CLONEDVD2
Processing error:
E:/VIDEO_TS_0_3.VOB:read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again
Details: File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_3.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

AnyDVD
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1759409 sectors (3436 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_SHOK_SCN
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_DVD_SHOK_SCN.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
i thought a CRC error usually meant a bad dvd.
a standalone dvd player can read it.
pc's can have problems though.

Structural copy protection and invalid cell pieces are only found by AnyDVD when I set AI scan to always on. Although it says that the protection is removed, the error on CloneDVD2 still appears.

Whenever the AI scanner detects "dead" pieces of data on thre disc (e.g. never accessed areas) it will assume to have found a copy protection. This is not always neccessarily true and nevertheless harmless.

In your case the disc really doesn't appear to have any protection at all - not even CSS. It seems to be "cheap" in any aspect; it's even a single layer.

So the probability is very high, that the pressing is just as cheap.
A bad disc in other words.

i thought a CRC error usually meant a bad dvd.
a standalone dvd player can read it.
pc's can have problems though.

No, a standalone DVD player cannot read a CRC error either. But neither can it copy a disc.

So the probability is very high, that the pressing is just as cheap.
A bad disc in other words.

But neither can it copy a disc.

Is there any way of copying it? If not, forget CSS. This cheaply pressed DVD should be a standard for copyright protection because it never fails at failing. lol :)

Not unless you want an imperfect backup,

The original disc is defective.

It's a 10+ disc set and I'm borrowing 2 for now and I want to back it up. Both are faulty. What settings do I change so that it'll copy albeit defective

It's a 10+ disc set and I'm borrowing 2 for now and I want to back it up. Both are faulty. What settings do I change so that it'll copy albeit defective

None with Anydvd. You'd have to use third party products

And if you're "borrowing" discs, you don't own them; they aren't your property.

"The idea behind AnyDVD is that the OWNER of a LEGALLY BOUGHT DVD has the right to PROTECT HIS OR HER PROPERTY*. This includes the BACKING UP of said PROPERTY.
Using or promoting the use of ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD SITES and the COPYING of RENTED DVD's are NOT SUPPORTED.
OWNER's RIGHTs ARE."

Thread closed :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back