• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Jane Austen Book Club - R1

compgirl26

Hi, if this is not the place to report disks that fail in making a backup, please let me know. But "The Jane Austen Book Club" Region 1 (USA) does not back up. Disk can't even be read by Anydvd.

I use AnyDVD (most current version) and CloneDVD (most current version).

Thanks,

Compgirl26

P.S. I have tried both XP Pro w/SP2 and also Vista Ultimate for OS's.

Last edited:
Hi, if this is not the place to report disks that fail in making a backup, please let me know. But "The Jane Austen Book Club" Region 1 (USA) does not back up. Disk can't even be read by Anydvd.

Thanks,

Compgirl26

Make sure you are using the latest version of AnyDVD which is 6.3.1.5. If you aren't then please update. You can download the file here: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

With AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 installed please do the following:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

In addition to what Drinklyeanddie wrote,

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Thanks,

Compgirl26

hello, this is my first reply-post, but i just got the new movie the jane austen book club this week, and am using anydvd 6.3.1.2 and put the disc in and had no problems copying this movie.

The Jane Austen Book Club - R1 (Update/Log File)

Hello, thanks for the information.

I have a Quad 2700 PC and 2 brand new (3 months old) DVD burners... one Samsung and one Memorex internals.

I am running either XP Pro w/sp2 or Vista Ultimate, depending on which way i boot up.

Per one suggestion, i did uninstall and reinstall the older version of AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 but that didn't work. When i put in the disk i get a pop up immediately after the delayed scan that says "Warning Failed to read DVD!... this could have several reasons:..."

I've cleaned the disk several times, it's perfect, no scratches, no marks, etc. I also tried reversing the DVD drives to play from one and burn from the other but same thing, under both OS's. So.... i'm thinking maybe it's the disk.

I did watch the movie last night in a stand alone player and it played all the way through without issues. So i know in a stand alone player it works perfectly.

Anyhow, per your request, i am uploading the log file. It took several tries as i kept getting the error that it could not read the disk.

Since the older version of Anydvd did not work, i did reinstall the newest version, 6.3.1.5 (I always update when i get the pop up for a new version. Same is true of CloneDVD which is 2.9.1.5)

If i left anything out, please let me know. But again, i'm thinking it's just a bad disk.

I have the same problem with One Tree Hill, Season 2, Disk 6 but i see that this is a known issue and is a manufacturering defect... i've actually did the replacement... returned the one and got another and had the same issue. LOL.

Thanks, Compgirl26

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_JANE_AUSTEN_BOOK_CLUB.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 3
Per one suggestion, i did uninstall and reinstall the older version of AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 but that didn't work.

I didn't ask you to install 6.3.1.2. I asked you uninstall Anydvd, and check to see if your drive can read the disc. Doesn't matter now.

read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
tries 9 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 8 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 7 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 6 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 5 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 4 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 3 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 2 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 1 retry 3310438 to 3310439
tries 0 retry 3310438 to 3310439

You have a bad original disc, even if it plays fine, or your drive is slowly dying.

I have the same problem with One Tree Hill, Season 2, Disk 6 but i see that this is a known issue and is a manufacturering defect... i've actually did the replacement... returned the one and got another and had the same issue.

I don't know anyone who has a good disc 6. That's how terrible that situation is.

Hi,

Thanks. I know you didn't ask me to install an earlier version of AnyDVD, but there was someone who commented in the thread, that it worked for her, so i uninstalled and reinstalled the earlier version and tried it, jsut to see.

But same thing happened, so i again uninstalled the earlier version and installed the newest one again.

I figured it was the disk.

Thanks again for the help. Up until just 2 weeks ago, i've never EVER had a problem with any disk and then it's like all of a sudden i got several.

But then i also learned something about manufacturing disks and that there are seemingly so many bad ones out there.

Out of curiousity... this is now getting technical and over my head, but... i dont understand why a stand alone player would be able to not only read the disk but play it all the way through and yet i can't even copy the contents of the disk to my HD on any of my PC's (desktop, laptop, etc).

What makes the stand alone DVD player so much better?

Regardless, thanks for the help and answers.

Compgirl26

But then i also learned something about manufacturing disks and that there are seemingly so many bad ones out there.

What makes the stand alone DVD player so much better?

The standalone player isn't necessarily better. But standalone players and dvd-rom drives read disc differently, and may also employ different error correction methods. Some dvd-rom drives and standalone players are also more forgiving in terms of reading through scratched and defective discs better than others.

Back