• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesnt work on different drives??

magnolia

hello guys, please bear with me for a moment bout my problem...

I have 2 laptops and install anydvd free trial on both, which run perfectly well with one but not the other...Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem?

My first laptop is Toshiba series 2400 (very old) with:

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2102 for the drive
Firmware version 1316
RPC 2
Region drive: 3
DirectX 9.0c

While the second one is NEC (don't know the series or type but newer than the toshiba) with:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S
Firmware Version 1.00
RPC 2
Region drive: 1
Direct X 9.0

Anydvd runs perfectly smooth with the Toshiba...I could play different kind of dvd region and anydvd can bypass it.

But anydvd dont work in my NEC. I would play dvd from region 3 or 4, and anydvd would failed to read.

Can anybody please help me? I'm trying to understand better of this...Does dvd decorder has anything to do with it? I use Windvd for both laptops and nothing else. Or is it the firmware??

Thank u before for anybody's help. I would really appreciated it, and Thank God for this website :)

This question needs to be pushed over to the other side of the forum - it's not an HD question.

Moderator, would you kindly move it otherwise this guy wont get the help he needs.

Ohh I'm so sorryyyy....Do I need to move it myself, or what should I do? Thx a bunch....

hello guys, please bear with me for a moment bout my problem...

I have 2 laptops and install anydvd free trial on both, which run perfectly well with one but not the other...Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem?

My first laptop is Toshiba series 2400 (very old) with:

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2102 for the drive
Firmware version 1316
RPC 2
Region drive: 3
DirectX 9.0c

While the second one is NEC (don't know the series or type but newer than the toshiba) with:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S
Firmware Version 1.00
RPC 2
Region drive: 1
Direct X 9.0

Anydvd runs perfectly smooth with the Toshiba...I could play different kind of dvd region and anydvd can bypass it.

But anydvd dont work in my NEC. I would play dvd from region 3 or 4, and anydvd would failed to read.

Can anybody please help me? I'm trying to understand better of this...Does dvd decorder has anything to do with it? I use Windvd for both laptops and nothing else. Or is it the firmware??

Thank u before for anybody's help. I would really appreciated it, and Thank God for this website :)
AnyDVD (or any other software) can not remove region codes on CSS protected discs with Matsushita / Panasonic drives.
Either exchange the drive, use an external drive, or live with the region lock.

Back