• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no audio

jadkam

I am trying to copy Remember The Titans. Both Nero Recode and DVD Shrink will encode and burn it but the copy has no audio on the main movie. I also get an error message from DVD Shrink saying the file is to big to copy as a full backup. I've seen that once or twice before and have just copied the main movie. It seems like DVD Shrink can't compress the original disk? Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks.

I am trying to copy Remember The Titans. Both Nero Recode and DVD Shrink will encode and burn it but the copy has no audio on the main movie. I also get an error message from DVD Shrink saying the file is to big to copy as a full backup. I've seen that once or twice before and have just copied the main movie. It seems like DVD Shrink can't compress the original disk? Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Right click on anydvd & rip to the hard drive then import it to Nero or Shrink. AnyDVD doesn't strip out the audio it is another program you are using doing that.

I tried that. Is it possible the original disk is defective. It plays in my standalone fine?

I tried that. Is it possible the original disk is defective. It plays in my standalone fine?

Yes then exchange it for another at the store where you purchased the title.

Can you right click on anydvd in the taskbar and select create a log and upload it here too please first? Thanks

I just figures it out. Hope this is the right log. Have you ever seen that size error message?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_REMEMBER_THE_TITANS.zip
    116 KB · Views: 4

What you are doing is not saving the 5.1 audio in Shrink and in Nero Recode and that is why you have no audio. Shrink and Recode can only transcode the size of a movie only so far down but it should handle that DVD If my memory serves me. Under preferences in Shrink set the target size to Custom and the size to 4350 and try again. If it still will not reduce it down any more then just do the Main Movie. Remember you want to keep the 5.1 audio so make sure there is a check mark next to it for all of the DVD

I did have all the audio options checked.

1. This isn't an Anydvd issue, and your disc isn't defective.

2. As Carolina Mike noted Shrink and Recode can only compress so much, so do what Carolina Mike said and set a custom size--or select the main movie only.

I did that and it burned the movie it just had no audio.

I should ad I have no audio when I play it in the recode, shrink preview screen. again all audio options are checked.

I do have audio in the preview screen for all the extra & menu files.

I should ad I have no audio when I play it in the recode, shrink preview screen. again all audio options are checked.

That may be an audio codec issue on your system--or a problem with your computer's volume settings (or a sound driver issue). You haven't actually made a backup, right? You're just complaining about not hearing audio while previewing the movie on your computer in Recode or Shrink?

no i made a backup.

So the original disc is showing no audio options to select for the main movie in Shrink and Recode?

/shrug

Play the rip from Anydvd ripper. Does the rip play fine on your computer?

Nero show time will play the ripped any DVD file with audio.

no there all there

But when you select them, they don't play, right?

1. Does you backup play audio on your computer?

2. Try selecting different audio options on your standalone with your backup using the dvd audio remote control button.

Last edited:
Back