• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saving DVDs to my hard drive?

johnnyvolume

Ok, first of all forgive my limited knowledge of computers, but I am learning. I am wondering if I can store the DVDs I have on my hard drive so I can view them at a later time. I have been able to copy and Burn DVDs, I have also been able to put movies on my Ipod. But I think it would be handy if I could store them on my hard drive as well. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Johnnyvolume

Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. Now the dvd is saved on your hard drive.

Ok, first of all forgive my limited knowledge of computers, but I am learning. I am wondering if I can store the DVDs I have on my hard drive so I can view them at a later time. I have been able to copy and Burn DVDs, I have also been able to put movies on my Ipod. But I think it would be handy if I could store them on my hard drive as well. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Johnnyvolume

If you write them to your hard drive and leave them there that's one thing. But if you write 10, 20, 30 movies, then delete some, then write some more, it will fragment the hell out of your hard drive. Defrag regularly and it will take a while. I use Diskeeper 2008. Also, don't get too close to full on your hard drive.

If your disk gets too fragmented, it will perform slower and will eventually fail from being overworked.

This phenomenom is not related directly to AnyDVD or CloneDVD. Anytime you copy, delete and move files as big as these movie files, fragmentation will become a problem.

To ad to what cletusvegas said: The movies will bot be compressed with AnyDVD so they will take up considerable room on your HDD. I would suggest using DVDShrink to compress the data. That will allow you to store more movies on your HDD.

Back