• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Update drivers

mildot

Well I'm looking for a SME to find out how often you have to update your drivers? Is the software worth it, to purchase? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000.
Thanks Buds!!

Well I'm looking for a SME to find out how often you have to update your drivers? Is the software worth it, to purchase? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000.
Thanks Buds!!

There is no reason to purchase any software for any updates.
What "drivers" are you referring to?
Dell furnishes updates for their products at no cost.

Well I was on the SlySoft site updating and they had a "program" demo to see if your drivers need updating? I'm not to clear on this, hence I posed the question?

I'm still not clear on what "drivers" you/they are referring to. If you could provide the link to that post pertaining to the "program" demo I could be of more assistance
There are some softwares that will run a check on your system to "see" if you need to update any drivers but they are not generally reliable and will usually attempt to sell you a software. They are "Demo" scans and will not provide you with any updates until you purchase the software.
If your PC is a pre-built/boughten unit, check the manufacturers website for updates pertaining to your particular model. All that is needed is your Model or Service Tag Number.
If your PC is home/custom built, visit the individual hardware manufacturers sites for updates to any hardware.
For software updates, visit the software developer's site.

There is a software called Version Tracker Pro. I downloaded and used their free scan. All it told me was that my Microsoft Office software needed updating (Access, Excel, etc.) and that my ethernet adapter's driver was not up to date.

In short, I agree that buying software to determine if your drivers are up to date is a big waste of money.

You can go to the websites of the manufacturer of your hardware and check for yourself concerning your drivers if you are a bit worried.

Back