• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Muppet Christmas Carol R1 release 2005

S

Stevo

Code:
Product : AnyDVD
Version : 6.3.1.2 and Prior
OS      : Windows XP Pro
Drive(s): (1)LiteOn SHW-160P6S,PS0A
          (2)ASUS DRW-1608P2S (Pioneer), 1.39
          (3)LiteOn SOHW-1633S, BS0Y
Title:    The Muppet Christmas Carol R1 release 2005
Movie freezes soft players on PC for original disc and same happens in Stand Alone player on backups. When I say freezes I just get black screen in player. I use both PowerDVD and Nero's ShowTime and these programs have no problems with other movies. When using ShowTime the Pause/Play button strobes back and forth between play/pause. The original disc plays fine in my SA players.

I think the problem lies within the IFO since all of the VOB files play fine by themselves, manually, but not from the IFO’s.

Code:
VIDEO_TS.VOB        242KB
VTS_01_0.VOB    149,008KB
VTS_01_1.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_01_2.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_01_3.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_01_4.VOB    160,182KB
VTS_02_0.VOB          8KB
VTS_02_1.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_02_2.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_02_3.VOB  1,048,574KB
VTS_02_4.VOB    549,648KB
VTS_03_0.VOB          8KB
VTS_03_1.VOB     11,004KB
VTS_04_0.VOB          8KB
VTS_04_1.VOB     13,646KB
VTS_05_0.VOB         10KB
VTS_05_1.VOB      3,508KB
VTS_06_0.VOB     12,102KB
VTS_06_1.VOB    106,650KB
VTS_07_0.VOB         10KB
VTS_07_1.VOB    387,984KB
(Reference Only Media isn’t the issue here)
Here is what I typically use but I have several burners TY is the media I now use for my finished copy but if I'm having problems I will use the RW's for testing.
Code:
===========================================================
ASUS DRW-1608P2S (Pioneer)
Firmware Version: 1.39

Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R (Water Shield White Inkjet Hub Printable Media) Supported Speeds: 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x
Burn Speed:       16x unless I’m worried about PI/PO errors then 6x
MFG ID:           TYG03

Philips 4x DVD+RW (Silver with green lettering on label) Supported Speeds: 2.4x, 4x
Burn Speed:       2.4 & 4x (both speeeds worked well)
MFG ID:           PHILIPS-041-000

Sony 4x DVD+RW (Gold label)
Supported Speeds: 2.4x, 4x
Burn Speed:       2.4 & 4x (both speeeds worked well)
MFG ID:           RICOHJPN-W11-001
Ricoh Co. Ltd. Japan
===========================================================
I tried to get this resolved with Chris Gonzales but he was just horrible as a CS agent and kept skirting the issue which caused me too try CloneDVD 4 from a competitor which worked great and now I have successfully backed up this movie. This was important because my 4 year old niece wants to view it and you know how 4 year olds are.

At this point I’m only posting this so that Slysoft might fix the issue for others that might come into this as I’ve successfully backed it up now. The other side of this is that I think Chris should be talked to as I learned more about Slysoft’s supports needs from this website then the circles he tried to run me around in, like right-clicking on the icon in the system tray to create a log required for proper support.

Attached are the AnyDVD logs as well as CloneDVD logs and IFO’s from ripping the movie to HDD without transcoding.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_CloneDVD.zip
    249.9 KB · Views: 2
I tried to get this resolved with Chris Gonzales but he was just horrible as a CS agent

Chris Gonzales is a forum member here (actually someone with Super Moderator powers), and if you want help insulting Slysoft support staff is not the best way to go about trying to receive assistance.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=51369#post51369

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Concerning Clonedvd 4, a rip-off product, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9807
(By the way, Elaborate Bytes is the official developer of Clonedvd--not Slysoft)

Now onto troubleshooting . . .

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

If prompted, reboot after installing.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Setting the drive region really only helps when Anydvd pops up an
warning message about CSS, but to help avoid that from happening, set
the drive's region code:

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

"Remove annoying adverts and trailers" does not work properly with all discs and may even make some discs unplayable. You're getting playback issues. So disable this feature.

Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

By the way, to test whether "remove annoying adverts and trailers" will cause problems, play the original disc in your computer first with that feature enabled. If you experience issues with the original disc, the backup will also contain the same problem. Then retest playback with the original disc with "remove annoying adverts and trailers" disabled in Anydvd. Does the problem
go away? If so, "remove annoying adverts and trailers" needs to be disabled for the particular disc you are attempting to backup.

4. Test the original disc for playback issues with Anydvd disabled.

Right click on the red fox icon-->uncheck "enable Anydvd"

Does the original disc still exhibit playback issues in your computer with Anydvd disabled?
If so, the problem isn't Anydvd.

Last edited:
I actually stated I didn't need help on this but was more interested in helping Slysoft out, this is why I've gone back to see what the real issue might be by going though your trouble shooting notes and here is what it was:

1) Upgraded to 6.3.1.4b but didn't fix the problem.
2) Disabling "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" fix the problem movie will now play in soft players and should rip fine.
3) Didn't need to change to Region 1.

Good job on your notes very thorough, so that just about anyone can follow them.

by Webslinger:
Concerning Clonedvd 4, a rip-off product, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9807
(By the way, Elaborate Bytes is the official developer of Clonedvd--not Slysoft)

I was aware of that however Slysoft sells it for them and most people go that route so it's not a real stretch. It has been a long-long time since the other Clone did what they did and should just be sour milk now but elby could learn from them as they do a very good job at grouping the VTS's together and I like how you get the audio stream when previewing, I wouldn't say they were inferior as it states in your thread however they were when they started out. I totally agree with you though about stealing the trademark that is just wrong.

I've been in this game a very long time and was one of the first X Copy people from 321 way back when so I'm definately not a newbee at this. Since Slysoft has performed so well I wasn't aware or do I pay attention to the nice diagnostic tools they have and like the knowledge that people on this site like you Webslinger bring to site. Thanks for the help here and for everyone else you have helped even though you're a mod your OK. LOL

2) Disabling "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" fix the problem movie will now play in soft players and should rip fine.

Yes, a big warning message pops up in Anydvd when you enable that feature.

Didn't need to change to Region 1.

Yeah, that won't apply for that disc with your particular drive. However, if you do ever receive an error message from Anydvd that states "unable to find CSS key due to region mismatch . . .", you will know what to do (generally, however, you can avoid that error message, and Anydvd will still function normally).

Instructing you on how to set the drive's region code had no bearing on this particular issue (I just mentioned it in case you ever received that error message).

I was aware of that however Slysoft sells it for them

Yes, Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd, but not the developer.

and I like how you get the audio stream when previewing

Elaborate Bytes would have to pay a licensing fee (possibly to Dolby, for example) and pass that fee on to the consumer, which, I believe, is the reason audio previewing has never been implemented. For a long time, the free update promise was only for one year from Elaborate Bytes (due to the possibility of having to pay licensing fees if they incorporated other features--namely audio previewing), but Olli, the original Clonedvd author, never charged update fees. Then the move was made to offer free lifetime updates. So, I don't think audio previewing is going to be offered anytime soon.

I totally agree with you though about stealing

That's not all they've stolen, but that's another conversation (and one that I'm not really willing to have here).

Thanks for the help here

You're welcome

Last edited:
Back