• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying a DVD-rom car navigation disc?

todd0218

Hey guys i have a oem navigation system in my car. I would like to make a backup copy of the navigation disc. It is a navteq chrysler, jeep, dodge disc version: 05064033AC

any dvd recognizes the disc:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.2)
_NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A 102C 05051200
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3601792 sectors (7034 MBytes)

Clone DVD2 when i go to clone dvd ,enu shows:
DvD-rw drive (d:)
zh1ff (folder)
zh2ff (folder)
zh100 (folder)
zh200 (folder)
Zj1FF (folder)
Zj100 (folder)

obviously i would like to select all the folders since i want an exact copy but i can only select one.

then once i select a folder it says unable to open files from:
(folder name)
D:/(folder Name)/Video_ts.ifo unable to open file.

i assume it is having trouble with the media type being dvd-rom how would i go about copying such a disc?
I know its possible other people have done it with other programs.
thanks,
todd

@ todd0218,

Yes the CloneCD software programs works with both CD’s and DVD’s.

If you are going to copy your Navigation Disc to DL Media ensure that only use known proven quality Media – example Verbatim DL Media and Book Type Bit Set to DVD-ROM.

Regards.
Coaster

what is booktype? i imagine it is how the disc is organized but have no idea. i am confused for sure...

Last edited:

ok i am gonna try this. Note: Imgburn wont work for me to change the booktype because there isnt a pull down for a sony burner.

Okay i tried the nero speed one as well and it wont even pull down to show my external sony burner and i cant use the internall burner because it wont burn dual layer.. I am stumped.

Last edited:
well i am using a nec to read the discs and then having the external usb sony drx-820u do the burning. The nec is not able to burn DL. its pre DL burner.

Backup DVD Navigation Navteq

Hello, my experience port on; on the dvd backup navigation "Audi RNS 2007 Navteq dual layer, I presume version similar to that which you are talking about.

I used Clone CD 5.3 - dvd profile - recorder Pioneer 111D and 112D - (firmaware Dangerous Brothers: http://tdb.rpc1.org)
- DVD + R DL Verbatim 8.5 gb. 2.4 x - AnyDVD dvd active in trybar (although it should not serve as the dvd through scanners is not protected.) By this method the backup works perfectly; dvd is processed automatically in book type; DVD-ROM , confirmed by DVD Info Pro. Even using other software: DVD Fab Platinum DVD cloning v.4 profile data (on flag settings booktype dvd-rom), the backup running normally. With other type recorders: Plextor Px716a - LG 4167B - Toshiba Sd R 5372B and 5372V, the backup is not working.
So I suggest to make a backup copy functioning; matching Clone Cd, Pioneer recorder.

Greetings

. Even using other software: DVD Fab Platinum DVD cloning v.4 profile data (on flag settings booktype dvd-rom), the backup running normally. With other type recorders: Plextor Px716a - LG 4167B - Toshiba Sd R 5372B and 5372V, the backup is not working.

That's not a burner issue. The problem you're having is that you need to set the booktype before burning with Clonecd (my instructions from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 show who to do that). For your Plextor drive, use Plextools to change booktype before using Clonecd.

Backup DVD Navigation

That's not a burner issue. The problem you're having is that you need to set the booktype before burning with Clonecd (my instructions from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 show who to do that). For your Plextor drive, use Plextools to change booktype before using Clonecd.

Granted, not all burners support by changing by setting, even if it just change the booktype: and can do well using DVDInfoPro: click on the button + RW - or with Nero Burning Rom: recorder - select recorder - options - setting book type: DVD-ROM, able to burn the DVD, but the cut probably will not work. This is my experience after several tests with different software; Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, BlindWrite, Clone Cd, etc., and different brands of recorders, the only recorder can probably make a working copy of that type of dvd Car navigation, Navteq, 1 to 1, is the Pioneer combined with Clone CD or DVD Platinum Fab! Following steps listed in the previous post, using a Pioneer recorder, the booktype is modified automatically DVD-ROM without the need for any intervention.
P.s.: The Plextor 716A / SA, booktype only supports DVD + / + RW -Dual Layer + not . Greetings.

the only recorder can probably make a working copy of that type of dvd Car navigation1 to 1, is the Pioneer combined with Clone CD or DVD Platinum Fab!

I know someone who backed up that disc on a PX-716A using Verbatim +R DL blank media made in Singapore. So what you're writing simply isn't true.

P.s.: The Plextor 716A / SA, booktype only supports DVD + / + RW -Dual Layer + not . Greetings.

I own a PX-716a. I also own a PX-760a. The both offer bitsetting support for +R DL blank media. I have no idea what you're talking about.
They do not support bitsetting for dvd+rw.

Last edited:
Back