• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[BUG] CloneDVD Mobile doesn't keep aspect ratio with letterbox zoom?

jant90

I'm trying to convert a DVD to avi so I can watch it on my PDA. My PDA has a 4:3 resolution (320 x 240) so CloneDVD Mobile seemed to be perfect for this job.

As DVD's usually are 16:9 I want to zoom them so that the left and the right side of the movie gets cropped and I don't have black bars at the top and bottom of my screen on my PDA. It seems that the letterbox zoom is doing this when looking at this screenshot:
example1688.jpg

but what you also can see in the screenshot is the result, there you can see the sides haven't been cropped as the example shows at all, in stead the aspect ratio got wasted and the entire 16:9 movie is put in an aspect ratio of 4:3. I believe this is a bug and that CloneDVD Mobile shouldn't act like this.

Here you can see a screenshot where I didn't selected a zoom method yet:
example2737.jpg

This happened when I choose Windows Mobile PDA in the main menu.

So, what do you think about it?

// Jan

I just tried the "Generic DivX" selection in the main menu and then the zoom is correct.

I just tried the "Generic DivX" selection in the main menu and then the zoom is correct.

Yes thank you, you're right. I'll fix that with the smartphone profile.
Generic DivX should be ok in the meantime.

Back