• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD Disabled for Drive F

flightconn

Hi,

I had a system crash and am trying to get things back up and running, when I reinstalled anydvd I get the error message ANYDVD disabled for Drive E (my read only DVD and the same message for Drive F, my burner). Nothing else has changed as far as I know - can anyone direct me.

After a couple minutes I get an error message about dirty or bad DVD (not the case) or bad country codes, I believe the country code is set correctly.

AnyDVD worked great for months.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

log file for problem

log file attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_Bordertown.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
screen shots of error messages

screen shots attached

Attachments

• screen shot 2.JPG
    screen shot 2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 6
  • screen shot 1.JPG
    screen shot 1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

I had a system crash and am trying to get things back up and running, when I reinstalled anydvd I get the error message ANYDVD disabled for Drive E (my read only DVD and the same message for Drive F, my burner). Nothing else has changed as far as I know - can anyone direct me.

After a couple minutes I get an error message about dirty or bad DVD (not the case) or bad country codes, I believe the country code is set correctly.

Ok, if AnyDVD tells you it's disabled for the drive, it's no surprise at all that CloneDVD would tell you the disc is defective.
Structural copy protections work just like that: several sectors are defective.
So forget this secondary effect.

Let me carefully ask this: did you reboot your PC after installing AnyDVD? (if not, the "disabled" warning would be perfectly normal).

The zip file is empty. Anyways it is drive E that says this just ignore it and use the drive anyways and see if everything works as normal.

to Charlie and Peer

I did reboot the drive also downloaded 6.3.1.3 and rebooted again,

I showed Drive E to show what was shown on Drive F. Drive F tab now shows the DVD info, but the other screen shot I included comes up when AnyDVD tries to scan the disk, Clone DVD will not copy the movie. I have tried this movie and another, both are moves that I have successful backups of a from a couple weeks prior to the crash.

Thanks

I did reboot the drive

Your computer, you mean? Turned it on and off?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot system
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Last edited:
The answer is yes

moving on to next step,

Attachment is screen shot of reading DVD

Thanks again,

Attachments

• screen shot 3.JPG
    screen shot 3.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
Info from image burn

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 2.03.32a [2.3.32.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.3.1.2
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.3.1.2
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Your filters look fine to me.

Do this please:

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Last edited:
It is now working

FM interference (flippin magic)? I don't know what to say. I have installed and uninsulated and gone between the version .2 and .3 so many times today - rebooting every time. Just tried it again and it is working, have no idea why but will leave things as they are for now.

Thank you to Slysoft and others for being so prompt with replies.

FM interference (flippin magic)? I don't know what to say. I have installed and uninsulated and gone between the version .2 and .3 so many times today - rebooting every time. Just tried it again and it is working, have no idea why but will leave things as they are for now.

Thank you to Slysoft and others for being so prompt with replies.

Hmm . . .

I wonder if these problems are in any way related to the system crash you mentioned earlier.

Anyway, I'm glad things are working for you.

Back