• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

unable to rip American Gangster R1

xman21

have current anydvd version. attached are files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_ASDF.zip
    89.9 KB · Views: 20
have current anydvd version. attached are files.

Unable to help you in the future without a full error message or at good description of what the problem is . . .

Follow the steps in the order they are listed:

1. You have some packet writing junk on your system, which can cause issues with the reading process in Anydvd and in other software.

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 7.5.0.47 (7.5.0.47)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Burning Helper Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.47
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.47

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 7.5.0.47 (7.5.0.47)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.47
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.47

Sonic's Drag-to-Disc is packet writing software. If you need to drag and drop files to burn them (as you would drag and drop files to a floppy disc), use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable (with a FAT file format).

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order."Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove selected filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters may no longer function properly.

2. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

4. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want.

If you still experience issues, then . . .

5. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

6. With Anydvd 6.3.1.4 running, do the following:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

7. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Last edited:
If you still have issues you might have to wait till 02/19/08 as that is when the title comes out to the general public here in the states.

I got this title to back up correctly though it took a few tries....this title has a bonus unrated extended edition which adds twenty minutes to the original theatrical edition which offers this note: "This function may effect playability on some DVD models". This only applies to playing the unrated extended edition. Mine plays fine on my SONY DVD players. But my back-up initially which I set to start from menu with with AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 opened and triggered the parental controls capability found on the disc:doh:. A 2nd attempt at backing this title up to disc skipped towards the end:doh:. The structure of this DVD may be causing this problem. A 3rd time was a charm though:clap: I had to use another older non-supported software to back this disc up to my hard drive. I used NERO 8 Recode to back this title up to blank DVD disc. I had no trouble at with this titles I've purchased recently using the latest versions of AnyDVD, CloneDVD, with a couple titles backed using NERO 8 instead of CloneDVD (just by choice).:agree:

The Brave One

The Assassination of Jesse James

Why Did I Get Married

Gone Baby Gone

We Own The Night

American Gangster

Michael Clayton

In The Valley Of Elah

Rendition

No Reservations

Martian Child

Margot At The Wedding

Beowulf

30 Days of Night

Things We Lost In the Fire

Awake

Into The Wild

Last edited:
But my back-up initially which I set to start from menu with with AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 opened and triggered the parental controls capability found on the disc.

Use 6.3.1.4. Use Anydvd ripper. Play back the rip on your hard drive. No problems? Then the problem is either your choices in Clonedvd or the blank media that you're using.

A 2nd attempt at backing this title up to disc skipped towards the end. The structure of this DVD may be causing this problem.

No. That's typical of a bad burn or junk blank media.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3635
"Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)"

Last edited:
Well, I'm not knocking AnyDVD....I'm prone to fish around for the best end result and got that in another software fortunately...but that's no to say AnyDVD could not have done this as well. My personal stock of blank disc exceeds that of 800 blank disc which I've purchased some time ago, many still code out as SONY/TAYO -R. So no trash media. But you'll see as this movie gets closer to it's official release date the types of trouble people will have with it. The AnyDVD movie status list nothing special in the form of encryption and the disc cautions that playability may be a problem for some. That's just the facts.:agree:

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.2)
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A SS01 SEP12 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2028448 sectors (3961 MBytes)
Total size: 4056886 sectors (7923 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ASDF
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
which I've some time ago, many still code out as SONY/TAYO -R. So no trash media.

Skipping at the end of a backup disc is indicative of a bad burn (or a bad disc), and that's a fairly common experience.

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

"Remove Annoying adverts and trailers" does not work properly with all discs, and may even make some unplayable.

Do this please (so I can check something):

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.4: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

Do you get any error messages? Can you watch that rip without problems on your computer?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Thank you

Last edited:
Back