• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having Trouble Changing Region Code

djorgens

I am using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5 to back up a disk that originated in Germany. I converted the PAL to NTSC and it plays perfectly on my PC, however, in my DVD player, It says "Playback prohibited by area limitations".
I tried Imgburn, Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter with no success.
I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks

I converted the PAL to NTSC

Using what?

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Do this step with the original disc and your backup:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Last edited:
This should contain the file requested.

As far as the program used to convert PAL to NTSC, it was quite a while ago, but I think it was ConvertX to DVD. I also used a trial program, but it left a screen water mark on the results.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_New.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
Maybe what happened, in my attempt to convert, I copied the files directly to another disk without converting.

What would you recommend to make the conversion?

What would you recommend to make the conversion?

I really don't recommend converting. I feel it's a waste of time and energy (and software conversion does tend to degrade picture quality).

I recommend buying an Oppo standalone dvd player instead that does PAL<>NTSC conversion internally (these players are also region free): click http://www.oppodigital.com/dv981hd/dv981hd_comp.html

I'm guessing you're in Region 1.

Use Nero Recode or Vision can't remember which does the conversion.

Charlie,

I've heard that Nero Recode will do it, however, I have Nero Burning Rom 6 without Recode. What is Vision?

Webslinger,

I have several PAL discs that I would like to convert, I have the time and the video resolution is not a concern at this point. I just don't want the expense of the special DVD player right now, but thanks for your suggestions.

As far as the bittsetting change, I have a pioneer DVR-R100, checked the software and don't see anything that would allow me to change it.

Charlie,

I've heard that Nero Recode will do it, however, I have Nero Burning Rom 6 without Recode. What is Vision?

Webslinger,

I have several PAL discs that I would like to convert, I have the time and the video resolution is not a concern at this point. I just don't want the expense of the special DVD player right now, but thanks for your suggestions.

As far as the bittsetting change, I have a pioneer DVR-R100, checked the software and don't see anything that would allow me to change it.

Here's where to get Recode and Vision both for version 6. Do not get InCD!

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero6-update.php

As far as the bittsetting change, I have a pioneer DVR-R100.

Ugh.

Well, the DVR-R100 doesn't allow booktype changes for DVD+R nor DVD+RW media. But the drive automatically sets booktype for DVD+R DL discs to "DVD-ROM".

My apologies for not noticing the drive that you were using earlier

Last edited:
Thanks for the help Webslinger and Charlie, I really appreciate it.

Back