• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting IDE to SATA

jimbob

I just built a new desktop which only has 1 IDE connection I am using for floppy/zip connection. I own 2 HP DVD burners (640 & 1040) that are IDE as well. I purchased 2 VANTEC converters to convert them to SATA but when I cranked up the computer only one is recognized in device manager. VANTEC's instructions said to set the DVD drive to "master" but I am curious if one should be set as master and that is my problem? Any ideas?

I just built a new desktop which only has 1 IDE connection I am using for floppy/zip connection. I own 2 HP DVD burners (640 & 1040) that are IDE as well. I purchased 2 VANTEC converters to convert them to SATA but when I cranked up the computer only one is recognized in device manager. VANTEC's instructions said to set the DVD drive to "master" but I am curious if one should be set as master and that is my problem? Any ideas?

What brand and model is the MOBO? What color are the SATA connectors?
Floppy drives connect to the FDD header.....not IDE headers but I assume your Zip drive is using the one IDE connector?
I would use the one IDE channel on the MOBO (Master-Slave or CS) for the optical drives and put the Zip drive onto the Vantec adapter.
I would think that both drives would be set to Master as there is no Master Slave for SATA.

What brand and model is the MOBO? What color are the SATA connectors?
Floppy drives connect to the FDD header.....not IDE headers but I assume your Zip drive is using the one IDE connector?
I would use the one IDE channel on the MOBO (Master-Slave or CS) for the optical drives and put the Zip drive onto the Vantec adapter.
I would think that both drives would be set to Master as there is no Master Slave for SATA.

Mother board is ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS. I agree floppies are on the FDD & zip is on the IDE. Still puzzled why MOBO will only recognize one optical drive?????

Last edited:
Still puzzled why MOBO will only recognize one optical drive?????

Are you sure that both drives and both adapters are good? Is the second drive recognized in the BIOS?
I would still suggest putting the two optical drives to the MOBO IDE connector and use one of the adapters for the ZIP.

Yes i agree

The burners would be best on the native IDE channels....the zip is fine on the new IDE to sata adapter

single driver

Mother board is ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS. I agree floppies are on the FDD & zip is on the IDE. Still puzzled why MOBO will only recognize one optical drive?????

often these devices use a single driver that can support only one burner....if its loaded under startup programs uncheck the box ...reboot reinstall the device drivers again...then check if you have 2 in start up...if so reboot...check both boxes and then reboot again to see if you can load the driver twice

Back