• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip Video DVD to Harddisk suggestion

mikkon

I am using the "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" feature, and I'd like to specify the name of the destination directory myself. Now the disc title gets inserted as the last part of the path. It is OK in most cases, but on some of my discs the title is garbage, numeric only, etc.

I think the addition of the disc title should be an option that can be turned on or off.

EDIT: I also need to get rid of the VIDEO_TS directory and place the files directly in the directory I specify. This is how I did it with DVD Decrypter, and this is how my player application excepts to find the DVD content...

Last edited:
Change the "Destination Directory" to wherever you want the file to be saved.

Change the "Destination Directory" to wherever you want the file to be saved.

When I set the "Destination Directory" to "I:\DvdRips\MyTitle", AnyDVD create the following directories:

I:\DvdRips\MyTitle\MP0302\VIDEO_TS

VOB, BUP and IFO will get there, but I want them directly in I:\DvdRips\MyTitle.

If you want more flexibility, I recommend CloneDVD2 for ripping.

The thing is that I don't want more flexibility. I don't want to convert, transcode, trim or burn the DVD image. I don't even want an ISO file, I just want the raw files in a specified directory.

My goal is to replace DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD, and this very simple thing is currently the only remaining issue. Having already a high level of configurability, I'd say the suggested option would fit into AnyDVD perfectly. Please consider adding it in a future version.

Just rip the video and rename it then. That's not hard to do.

Back