• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

need settings help

g12345567

Can somone help me configure my CloneDVD Mobile settings?

The current settings in my DEVICES.INI I have are 99% correct.
What I need to change is the "Video Sample Rate to 12 Bit". All divx files are currently encoded in 24bit. Need to encode my divx files to 12bit.

I need to know what setting I have to add to my current devices.ini to achieve this.

[TomTom one xl]
Manufacturer=TomTom
ScreenRatio=16:9
Res1=360x272
ResAna1=480x272
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame:vrc_maxrate=420:vrc_buf_size=917
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=20
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=20
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=420
AllowChapterFiles=1
NTSCFrameRate1=10
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=10
PALFrameRate1=10
PALFrameRateDeinterlace1=10

Also is there anywhere that list all the available DEVICES.INI setting and what hey do?

Last edited:
Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum for devices.ini settings and what they do.
Why do you "need" 12 bit - can't your device downsample 24bit?
This may also be of interest (converting to 12 bit colour = format=yv12):
http://jeremysimmons.com/zen_vision/
Use code tags for your profile - you have a space in maxrate in your posted profile which will stop it from working.
Code:
[TomTom one xl]
Manufacturer=TomTom
ScreenRatio=16:9
Res1=360x272
ResAna1=480x272
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libmp3lame:vrc_maxrate=420:vrc_buf_size=917
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=20
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=20
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=420
AllowChapterFiles=1
NTSCFrameRate1=10
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=10
PALFrameRate1=10
PALFrameRateDeinterlace1=10

Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum for devices.ini settings and what they do.
Why do you "need" 12 bit - can't your device downsample 24bit?
This may also be of interest (converting to 12 bit colour = format=yv12):
http://jeremysimmons.com/zen_vision/
Use code tags for your profile - you have a space in maxrate in your posted profile which will stop it from working.

Thanks was just a bad typo on the line.

24bit is too jerky on my player. 12bit encoded videos play fine.
Still having trouble working out exactly where to place that line

If I change the line Format=lavf to Format=yv12 the player fails to encode because of bad command line parameters.

also had a look through the forums but nothing related to any device.ini settings. Any help on exactly where to place the "Format=yv12" command in my devices.ini profile would be appreciated.

Basically all I need is the final output to be divx 12bit. All other settings have already been implemented.

Based on the link I provided above this is a video filter, and I don't know how to define those in the devices.ini - maybe an email to Slysoft support might get that information?

I tried using mencoder options from the command line with that filter - it worked but the output avi still shows 24bits per pixel
attachment.php

Based on the link I provided above this is a video filter, and I don't know how to define those in the devices.ini - maybe an email to Slysoft support might get that information?

I tried using mencoder options from the command line with that filter - it worked but the output avi still shows 24bits per pixel
attachment.php

I had a look at the link you posted in the message #2
the command line option should work using "-vf format=yv12" doesn't work either. Just get an error unsupported option.

Now i'm totally lost.

Haven't purchased clonedvd mobile yet. Just using demo. So I guess, contacting support is not an option for me. I'm not purchasing the software untill I know I can get it working properly.

Maybe somone else can help me out. As i'm all out of ideas and this is driving me crazy.

I tried the following profile. It seemed to work (ie: no errors from CD-M). Not sure how to tell if the resultant video is 12 bit though. Couldn't see anything obvious reported by GSpot :confused:

Code:
[* Generic (DivX/2CH MP3) AVI]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-vf format=yv12 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

BTW - this is the command line sent to mencoder using the above profile on an example DVD segment. You can see a couple of '-vf' options in there...

Code:
"D:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -ffourcc DIVX -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9  -of avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=140:abitrate=128 -vf format=yv12 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=128 -vf scale=320:180,harddup -info name="TEST" -ofps 25 -o "D:\test\test.avi"|||c:\tmp\mnc2.tmp

I tried the following profile. It seemed to work (ie: no errors from CD-M). Not sure how to tell if the resultant video is 12 bit though. Couldn't see anything obvious reported by GSpot :confused:

In windows explorer just right click on the video file and select properties.
Under the summary tab it will tell you if the video is encoded in 12 bit or 24 bit.

Code:
mopts=-vf format=yv12 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%

Just tried those options but it still gave me 24bit.

Last edited:
Have a look at this site:

http://www.fourcc.org/fccyuv.htm#YV12

About half way down under a section titled 'Planar YUV Formats' it states that YV12 (the format used by default when encoding DivX with mencoder) uses 12 bits per pixel.

The reference below states that when DivX/XviD's are reported as 24 bit this is simply an AVI file header issue and that, quote, 'All mpeg4 codecs save the data internally as YV12'.

Original: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=58315
Google Cache of above (Doom9 was down when I searched): http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:qLM_oRuvcZsJ:forum.doom9.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D58315+xvid+12+bit+or+24+bit+color&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=au&lr=lang_en

Note sure if this helps :( Seems to me that it's impossible to encode a 24 bit DivX. Perhaps it's something else causing your problems???

BTW - ran a quick test with CD-M encoding a section of a DVD to XviD and Windows reports it as 12 bit. The same section encoded to DivX using the same resolution and quality settings is reported as 24 bit. Both videos are approximately the same size...

Maybe you could encode to XviD and see how that goes...

BTW - ran a quick test with CD-M encoding a section of a DVD to XviD and Windows reports it as 12 bit in the test I did. The same section encoded to DivX using the same resolution and quality settings is reported as 24 bit. Both videos are approximately the same size...

Maybe you could encode to XviD and see how that goes...
@AtTheAsylum: Good find on those references - would explain why abcAVI Tag Editor still showed the output as 24 bit even though the video filter was set to 12 bit in the test I did. :clap:

Still don't know why the op would get jerky video in that case. Perhaps trying a lower bitrate would help (may be overtaxing his mediaplayer processor).

Back