• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Exact Audio Copy 0.99 prebeta 4

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Exact Audio Copy 0.99 prebeta 4

January 31, 2008

Today I released 0.99 prebeta 4, which is mainly a service release of 0.99 prebeta 3. Some bugs are fixed (e.g. Accurate Rip info in the log) and some of the external programs are updated (Accurate Rip, FLAC, WM Encoding Script).
I wanted to have this version out before I start the work on the next release which will have larger improvements. Of course, the numerous changes that are planned for the next version will take some time, so don’t expect any new version until mid of the year…
Further I have included a desktop and quick launch bar icon in the installer which link to eBay. As the advertisements on the homepage dropped by a great amount over the last year, I decided to try to go this way. I hope that you can understand my decision! Anyway, the icons are created only on the installation of EAC and their installation can be easily prevented by deselecting the eBay component within the EAC installer. The EAC application itself is still completely free from advertisement or spyware (and will be)!
I hope that you will like the new version nevertheless!

Note: Please read the changelog carefully. You have the option of not installing the eBay links. This software is freeware and great program.

I may check this out later I usually use my creative software and pull the info from a database for the title info.

Yep. I refuse to use any other audio ripper.

Likewise. I'm pretty sure I've been using it since 1998 when it was first released. I just didn't know, at the time, how new it was.

I may check this out later I usually use my creative software and pull the info from a database for the title info.

The interface isn't the prettiest in the world but the quality of the program is unrelated to the UI. The ability to handle scratched, worn and/or damaged discs is unparalleled by any other software IMHO.

Grab the info from FreeDB, rip the audio to the HDD and convert to the audio format of your choice. Of course you can do conversions as you rip but I prefer doing a two step method.

Actually the creative comment was a cheap stab towards you :p I'll check it out though. :D

Actually the creative comment was a cheap stab towards you :p I'll check it out though. :D

LOL. I didn't even realize. I never install Creative's garbage media player when I install my audio card drivers. :p

It was released in '98 and it's still in a prebeta stage, and not even up to version 1.0... does this guy have a different system of categorizing versions or something?

It was released in '98 and it's still in a prebeta stage, and not even up to version 1.0... does this guy have a different system of categorizing versions or something?

Pre-beta has been used for years by him. The software is usually pre-beta or beta. It's never been official although, IMHO, it could be.

It appears to be a hobby for him and the updates do tend to come somewhat slowly. I've never, however, actually had a problem with the software. Since he marks it as a pre-beta or beta if you have a problem well, you were using beta software. ;)

There are a lot of programs out there that are seemingly always in beta.

Back