• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Invasion problems

Enforcer

I have the lates and greatest version of AnyDvd and CloneDvd, but after the ripping and burning process (which it says it has completed successfully), it will not play on any type of dvd player. Here is my log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_INVASION.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
I have the lates and greatest version of AnyDvd and CloneDvd, but after the ripping and burning process (which it says it has completed successfully), it will not play on any type of dvd player. Here is my log.

Nothing is jumping out at me from your logs.

I do know that a selective backup consisting of the menus, movie and extras works perfectly on a standalone.

What exactly happens when you try to play the backup?

It will not play back at all. The dvd player would say "disc error, there is playback on this disk". When trying to watch it on my computer, it would do nothing at all.

It will not play back at all. The dvd player would say "disc error, there is playback on this disk". When trying to watch it on my computer, it would do nothing at all.

I don't believe this is an AnyDVD issue.

It sounds to me like you had a bad burn. You may have burned the disc at too high a speed and/or your brand of media may not be the the best. What brand of blanks are you using?

I'd recommend trying again and this time rip the disc to your HDD and then burn in a second step. Make sure you aren't burning at maximum speed.

Actually, I did rip it to my hard drive first. Then I used DvdShrink to finish.

I use Memorex disks, and I will try to burn on a slower speed. Is that option available with Dvd Shrink?

DVD shrink doesn't burn and suggest to get better media than memorex as well like verbatim's.

Actually, I did rip it to my hard drive first. Then I used DvdShrink to finish.

Shrink doesn't "finish" the copying process..... It compresses the data.
You say you have CloneDVD..........use that to make the burn.
After you get everything working..........get rid of the Memorex.

I use Memorex disks, and I will try to burn on a slower speed. Is that option available with Dvd Shrink?

Memorex is widely regarded as very very bad media. That's the polite way of saying it's garbage.

DVD Shrink uses DVD Decrypter to burn although there are tweaked versions that use ImgBurn to burn instead.

I've never used DVD Shrink and then had it burn a disc. I always burn separately with whatever burning program I decide to use be it Nero, ImgBurn or CloneDVD.

Someone with experience with DVD Shrink will have to answer your question about setting the burn speed. I'd recommend trying it where you burn the output from DVD Shrink with CloneDVD and do not use the maximum speed setting.

Open DVD Decrypter or Imgburn or Nero depending what version of shrink you use and set the burn speed then you should be ok.

When I use Dvd Shrink, it opens Nero automatically. Is the option to change the speed available then? Or can I open Nero, set the speed, close it, and it will default to that when using shrink? Thanks.

I don't know enough about DVD Shrink and these settings to instruct you. I'm sure someone else knows.

Nonetheless, this problem is not an AnyDVD or CloneDVD issue. I've talked to someone who did a full-disc backup w/o any issues using AnyDVD & CloneDVD. I suspect your problem comes down to the media and/or burn speed and the burning software. I'm moving this thread to the Third Party Product forum.

Feel free to continue the discussion. :)

Nope open Nero up first before you do anything period and set the prefered burn speed. Not sure on where that is though as I don't use shrink anymore unless I am just testing.

When I use Dvd Shrink, it opens Nero automatically. Is the option to change the speed available then? Or can I open Nero, set the speed, close it, and it will default to that when using shrink? Thanks.

Once you set the burn speed in Nero it "should" stay set to the selected speed.
You can set Shrink NOT to go directly to Nero under "Edit"-"Preferences"-"File I/O" "Burn Settings".

Ok. Here is my new problem. I tried to rip to my hard disk with AnyDVD. Twice it got to 97% and completely froze up my computer. Here is my log. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_INVASION.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 4
Ok. Here is my new problem. I tried to rip to my hard disk with AnyDVD. Twice it got to 97% and completely froze up my computer. Here is my log. Thanks.

I don't know what to tell you. As you can see in the picture above the rip completed successfully w/o any errors.

Just out of curiosity have you been able to make backups of any discs w/o a problem?

OK I seen enough of these posts on "The Invasion" so I must ask is this the one that stars Nichole Kidman? If so it is just CSS protected no copy structure, no arcoss etc..... I did a rip with just DVD Shrink alone on this title today just to see and all went well and played well too. There is 2 new releases of Invasion one has a white & red jacket and the other has a black and blue jacket.

OK I seen enough of these posts on "The Invasion" so I must ask is this the one that stars Nichole Kidman? If so it is just CSS protected no copy structure, no arcoss etc..... I did a rip with just DVD Shrink alone on this title today just to see and all went well and played well too. There is 2 new releases of Invasion one has a white & red jacket and the other has a black and blue jacket.

Yes, it's the Nicole Kidman movie. I can tell by looking at the log files.

Back