• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New problem since I downloaded 6.3.1.2

jpmccusa

I have started experiencing a weird problem using DVD Decrypter since the download: after a burn, the program won't continue to the verification stage --- it just hangs. No error message comes up. It only happens with DVD-R discs, not with DVD+R. I thought it might be a wearing-out hardware problem, but the same thing happens with two different hardwares, a Pioneer and a Memorex. It also doesn't happen if I exit AnyDVD after running the disc through DVDshrink but before starting the burn. I also thought it might be a bad-medium problem, but it doesn't happen either with ImgBurn or with Sonic Digital Media. The problem doesn't happen every time, but maybe 9 out of 10 times.

Any thoughts on this?

Not sure, I'll get back to you (probably tomorrow)

or maybe not since I only have one DVD-R disc left, with more to be delivered soon.

I have started experiencing a weird problem using DVD Decrypter since the download: after a burn, the program won't continue to the verification stage --- it just hangs.
[snipped...]
I also thought it might be a bad-medium problem, but it doesn't happen either with ImgBurn or with Sonic Digital Media. The problem doesn't happen every time, but maybe 9 out of 10 times.

Any thoughts on this?

Why are you using DVD Decrypter? Doesn't ImgBurn do everything that DVD Decrypter used to do (sans the actual decryption)? Sounds like just a problem with DVD Decrypter to me.

Also if you look at the ImgBurn log file, it tells you that AnyDVD can cause problems with burn verification, so it is recommended by LightningUK that you disable AnyDVD when you burn your files/image to disc.

Here's what happens with 6.3.1.3

It goes to the verify stage but freezes with an I/O error about 70% through...and the disc doesn't play properly throughout. I think there might have been some bad DVD-R discs, as the problem doesn't happen with DVD+R. I have used up all my DVD-R but have some more on the way and if the problem continues with the new medium, I'll get back to you.

Why are you using DVD Decrypter? Doesn't ImgBurn do everything that DVD Decrypter used to do (sans the actual decryption)? Sounds like just a problem with DVD Decrypter to me.

Also if you look at the ImgBurn log file, it tells you that AnyDVD can cause problems with burn verification, so it is recommended by LightningUK that you disable AnyDVD when you burn your files/image to disc.

imgburn cant copy files to your pc in file mode like dvd decrypter can, so imgburn doesnt do everything the same.

Back