• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ratatouille top menu freezes

marcshank

Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
Dell 2407WFP Ultrasharp (HDCP non-compliant)
ATI Radion 1650
Power DVD Ultra
AnyDVD 6.3.1.2
LG DVD Burner/Blu-ray/HD Reader Model GGC-H20L

Can't access menu items. Will not play movie, even when clicking "play."
Netflix Blu-ray. Help!

marc

Re: Ratatouille

Previous thread: Ratatouille wouldn't play. Now "Reds" won't play.
Suspect that I upgraded to latest AnytimeDVD: 6.3.1.2 from 6.3.0.9. Could the upgrade be causing this?

Marc

:bang::bang::bang:

Further info on Ratatouille failure, plus logfile

Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
ATI Radion 1650
Power DVD Ultra
AnyDVD 6.3.1.2

AnyDVD 6.3.1.2

track 1 from 0 to 23598528, Control 4
Drive 0 (not set!)
read physical failed, sense 5:30:2
dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
Layer 0 End: 0
read copyright failed, sense 5:30:2
layer 1 reserved free
standard udf
label RATATOUILLE
Drive F: locked, result 0, took 5 seconds!
busy
HD type: 1
ce800873fa2a
10ac6c973724
HD: GetVolumeKey 1
parse_image took 24 seconds
hdtitles
set streaming failed, sense 5:21:0
Sending Patchlevel 1
mode 9247 0x241f
on

movie freezes at top menu, unable to access, won't play when hitting play. I hope this is the logfile that could help solve the problem. Thank you.

Marc

You haven't posted the log file. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

You say you're using a Blu-ray disc, but you keep creating new threads in the Anydvd forum. Post in the Anydvd HD forum, and please reply to this thread instead of creating new ones. Thank you.

Last edited:
Your Blu-Ray Movie is from Netflix? :policeman:

Some people watch Blu-ray rentals with Anydvd HD to avoid needing HDCP compliant hardware.
That doesn't imply that these people are going to use Anydvd to steal movies.

Let the moderators moderate please.

Last edited:
I Just Watch Them

Dell's specs on the 2407WFP Ultrasharp state that it's HDCP compliant. It isn't, of course, and you get the same lies from Dell's forum moderators. I bought AnyDVD HD to look at movies, not steal them. If companies like Dell want to play that way, more people need to know it.

Anyway, thanks for emphasizing that.

Marc

Dell's specs on the 2407WFP Ultrasharp state that it's HDCP compliant. It isn't, of course, and you get the same lies from Dell's forum moderators. I bought AnyDVD HD to look at movies, not steal them. If companies like Dell want to play that way, more people need to know it.

Anyway, thanks for emphasizing that.

Marc

Are you positively sure the Dell is not HDCP-compliant? I had it for a couple of days and one of the reasons I bought it was for HDCP compliance. Didn't get to check it for HDCP though, I returned it for some other reason that's off-topic here.

Anyway, I got a NEC 2690, which is also HDCP-compliant, but I was getting non-compliance messages from Cyberlink's tool and PowerDVD wouldn't play HD discs (without AnyDVD, of course, the reason I bought it). It turns out the ATI driver for my HD2400 (and later also a HD2600) was messed up, but everything was suggesting it was the monitor. The HTPC worked OK on a Sharp LCD HDTV at 1080p and everything, but not on my monitor. In the end I got an nVidia card because of other problems I was having with ATI and their crappy drivers, and just before I returned the HD2600, new drivers came out (I think 7.7) which actually fixed my HDCP thing with my monitor.

I don't really know who should take the blame for this mess, except of course the people who came up with the HDCP fiasco.

Previous thread: Ratatouille wouldn't play. Now "Reds" won't play.
Suspect that I upgraded to latest AnytimeDVD: 6.3.1.2 from 6.3.0.9. Could the upgrade be causing this?
I've noticed a number of posts from various people with the LG drive and latest AnyDVD HD mentioning similar playback issues.

Can you downgrade AnyDVD HD to the older version and try again? That would eliminate or confirm the upgrade as the source of the problem.

However, it sounds more like a PowerDVD problem with the titles: if AnyDVD wasn't working properly I think you might see a garbled mess rather than freezing.

Last edited:
HD DVD will not display Title Options

See logfile attachment.
Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
ATI Radion 1650
Power DVD Ultra
AnyDVD 6.3.1.2
AnyDVD HD 6.3.1.2

"Serenity" and "Devil Wears Prada" title menus greyed out (setup, languages, extras, etc). Happened on both titles. Did I not check/uncheck the right boxes on AnytimeDVD. Or is there another solution? Thank you.

Marc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_SERENITY.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
HD DVD will not display Title Options

See logfile attachment.
Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
ATI Radion 1650
Power DVD Ultra
AnyDVD 6.3.1.2
AnyDVD HD 6.3.1.2

"Serenity" and "Devil Wears Prada" title menus greyed out (setup, languages, extras, etc). Happened on both titles. Did I not check/uncheck the right boxes on AnytimeDVD. Or is there another solution? Thank you.

Marc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_SERENITY.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 4
Marcshank, please post in the AnydvdHD forum--and not the Anydvd forum. Thank you

I keep having to move your posts. The Anydvd forum is for regular dvds only.

Also, do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing please.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully please (especially point #2). Thank you

I have merged your other thread into this one.

Last edited:
Try this with Universal HD-DVD movies:

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar

2. Navigate to "Video HD DVD"

3. Check/enable "Rename Highest XPL file".

4. Click "ok".

Last edited:
Apology

Gunslinger:

Sorry about posting on AnyDVD instead of HD. I assume that the jump to box at the bottom takes me to the HD forum. I hope I'm in the right forum now!
Now, can you help me with Ratatouille. I got the Netflix disc and it wouldn't let me navigate the Title Menu -- everything froze. I got a replacement with the same results. I'm attaching what I hope is the log file. Can you help. Thank you.

Marc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_RATATOUILLE.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 11
You appear to have two different packet writing programs on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd and contribute to strange disc reading issues. If you need to drag and drop files to burn (as you would to a floppy disc), then use dvd-ram instead (and I suggest using a FAT file system with dvd-ram), which is more stable.

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 8.10.42.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 8.10.42a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 9.5.2.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright © 2006 Roxio
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 9.05.02a

Sonic Solution or Roxio's Drive Letter Access

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor." Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Last edited:
I assume that the jump to box at the bottom takes me to the HD forum.

It will, provided "Anydvd HD" is selected there.

Anyway, the Anydvd HD forum is for HD-DVDs and Blu-rays. The Anydvd forum is for normal dvd-video movies.

Thank you. I uninstalled all of the burnsoftware (cyberlink and roxio) and still cannot navigate the menus on Ratatouille -- it's frozen on "play movie" and won't work when I hit "play. "status" in AnyDVD has this line: "Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)" could this be the problem, or something else.

Marc

Re: Ratatouille log file new upload

Gunslinger: as requested, new zip attached. have also included specs and PowerDVD Ultra "information" tab. further, deleted all burn software, running pctools virus protection. Wondering if it's the hardware...thank you -- Marc

Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
ATI Radion 1650
Power DVD Ultra
AnyDVD 6.3.1.2
AnyDVD HD 6.3.1.2

Information tab on PowerDVD Ultra:
Player Information:
Player Region Code: 1
Current Drive: F:
Title Region Code: Not Available

Audio Attributes: Not Available

Hardware Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU running at 2992 MHz
3DNow! Technology: Not Detected
Enhanced 3DNow! Technology: Not Detected
3DNow! Professional Technology: Not Detected
IA MMX Technology: In Use
IA Streaming SIMD Extensions: In Use
IA SSE 2: In Use
Video Accelerator: DirectX VA (not in use)
Multispeaker Audio Device: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel (not in use)
SPDIF Output Device: Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel (not in use)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_RATATOUILLE.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
Power DVD Ultra

That's not really telling me what version of Powerdvd you're using.

Also CyberLink InstantBurn is still in your filters:

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor." Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Back