• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installed AnyDVD 6.3.1.2, now PC reboots when I insert DVD

jderouen

Installed AnyDVD 6.3.1.2, now PC reboots when I insert DVD. I tried the beta (6.3.1.3) with the same results. What's going on? I also can no longer burn or rip DVDs.

I'm using Win XP Pro.

Thanks,
Joe

1. Check for dust inside your case. Turn power off first on the power supply. Check for dust inside fans in the power supply, cpu, graphics card . . .

2. It's possible there's an issue with your computer's power supply.

3. It's possible you have something on your system that is causing conflicts. Do this so that someone can check:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

For the restarting issue: Go to Start-Right clik "My Computer" -clik "Properties"-clik "Advanced"-Look for "Startup and Recovery" and clik on "Settings"-Under "System Failure" UNCHECK "Automatically Restart".
That will allow Windows to give you an error message instead of restarting.
The error message can help to pin down the restarting problem.

Also, is this something that happens with every disc or only certain discs?

I can't do the "select logfile" with AnyDVD since it immediately reboots when AnyDVD tries to access the DVD. And, yes, it's any DVD.

I did, however, change Win XP to not automatically reboot and got this error message:

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

1. Check for dust inside your case. Turn power off first on the power supply. Check for dust inside fans in the power supply, cpu, graphics card . . .

2. It's possible there's an issue with your computer's power supply.

3. It's possible you have something on your system that is causing conflicts. Do this so that someone can check:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (follow the steps, especially 3 and 4; note that step 4 requires you to post information)

I suspect that Webslinger's set of steps will likely find the culprit, but something you may want to try in addition is running a comprehensive memory test.

Many BSOD's are the result of memory or other hardware problems. Microsoft has a memory diagnostic that they use when performing BSOD tech support:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

It might be worth running this to rule out bad or overclocked RAM issues as the culprit.

I suspect that Webslinger's set of steps will likely find the culprit, but something you may want to try in addition is running a comprehensive memory test.

Yeah, if this is a hardware issue, then that's a good suggestion as well.

Oddly, I found the issue - kind of. I searched for that error and found something that mentioned "even plugging in a new USB device can cause this." Last night, I attached a new photo printed to my PC. I unplugged it, and the PC stopped rebooting when it reads a DVD. AnyDVD was never at fault.

It doesn't make sense, but there you have it.

Joe

Oddly, I found the issue - kind of. I searched for that error and found something that mentioned "even plugging in a new USB device can cause this." Last night, I attached a new photo printed to my PC. I unplugged it, and the PC stopped rebooting when it reads a DVD. AnyDVD was never at fault.

Joe

Ouch. Now that's ugly. Maybe check for updated drivers for the printer. It may be a problem that has already been addressed by the company.

I'm glad you at least discovered the source of your problem as annoying as it may be. :)

always use the green arrow

Joe

Use the green arrow to safely remove a USB device...I blew the entire mother board usb by unplugging a device and not ejecting it using the green arrow near the clock...not saying this is what happened but it sounds like what I did...the usb was damaged and never worked again even after reinstalling xp...i had to buy a pci usb 2 card

Joe

It makes a lot of sense if the photo printer happens to be an HP brand.

Actually, it's an Epson PictureMate.

I've had a computer of one sort or another for the last 25 years, but sometimes I really hate computers.

I walked into my office this morning to see the BSoD machine check exception error. This happens every once in a while so I don't think it's necessarily related to any of this other stuff, but, boy, was it frustrating to see that.

Thanks, everyone, for all your help!

Joe

X"50" Stop as told by MS

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Your BSOD was likely X"50".

Microsoft defines this error as (globally) requested data was not in memory.

An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card or adapter).

You did the right thing. When something starts like this, the best thing to to back off those things most recently done, in short "what's changed?".

Sounds very much like the driver for that added device is behaving badly.

Back