• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Original Twilight Zone circa 1959-69 Back-up Problem!

Big_Bruce

First of all.................. I would like to Commend Giancarlo Bettini, Webslinger, and everyone at SlySoft !! I hope that you Guy's make Billions of Dollars !!

I am having a problem backing-up the Original Twilight Zone Series which I bought - Disc 1, Season 1(circa 1959-60). It has a menu & sub-menu.
I believe that it is also " Dual-Layer". When backing up, it only takes about 1 minute to copy, then display's "Writing Borders" for about 8 minutes. It then proceeds normally, but the back-up, only has the menu. When you select from the menu, it takes you back to the menu. I use your latest versions of AnyDVD & CloneDVD2.

I have am a Huge Fan of SlySoft. What am I doing wrong?

First of all.................. I would like to Commend Giancarlo Bettini, Webslinger, and everyone at SlySoft !! I hope that you Guy's make Billions of Dollars !!

Thank you. So do I. Unfortunately, I do not work for Slysoft.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

(If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)

3. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

D) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Last edited:
Hi Big Bruce,

Billions of Dollars? Well, errm, not. No Billions of Euros, either. Nice thought, though... :)

Regarding this case I would lean towards a blanks issue (as Webslinger already indicates). In short: Reduce burn speed (e.g. 8x), update the firmware of your writer, change blanks (or switch the type, e.g. from DVD-R to DVD+R).

Thank you. So do I. Unfortunately, I do not work for Slysoft.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

(If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)

3. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

D) At what speed are you burning your blank media?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm attempting to upload the Twilight Zone Zip Log-File. It is in MyDocuments(Windows XP Professional) but I don't see a paper-clip nor a "Go Advanced" button. My Pop-up Blocker is turned off. What's the problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm attempting to upload the Twilight Zone Zip Log-File. It is in MyDocuments(Windows XP Professional) but I don't see a paper-clip nor a "Go Advanced" button. My Pop-up Blocker is turned off. What's the problem?

Notice the red rectangle in the image. It's around the paper clip.

If you clicked on the image it gets a lot bigger. :)

It's the normal posting window regardless of hitting Post Reply or Quote.

OK. I've uploaded the Twilight Zone Log-File. The problem is that when backing up, there is a menu, and sub-menu. When you run AnyDVD, everything seems fine. When you run CloneDVD2, it copies for only about a minute, then states "Writing Borders" for about 8 minutes. When viewing this Backed up DVD, you only get the menu. When you select, it goes back to the menu. I'm running the latest Slysoft Versions on Verbatim DVD-R discs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_TWILIGHT_ZONE_DISC2.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
I'm running the latest Slysoft Versions on Verbatim DVD-R discs.

I have a few questions.

1. What version of Clonedvd are you using?

2. Are you experiencing this problem with any other movies?

3. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

4. Have you looked for an updated firmware for your burner?

5. Have you tried selecting "Clone DvD" from Clonedvd's main menu?

Also, I recommend updating to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

Last edited:
I have a few questions.

Also, I recommend updating to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'VE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST ANYDVD & CLONEDVD2

NO

1X

I HAVE THE NEC 6500A SERIES WITH VER 2.44 FIRMWARE (LIGGY)

YES, I ONLY COPY DVD TO DVD DRIVE (SINGLE). NEVER TO HDD.

IT SEEMS LIKE A CLONEDVD SELECTION/SEQUENCE PROBLEM, SIMILAR TO THE MOVIE DEJA-VU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'VE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST ANYDVD & CLONEDVD2

Well, actually, the latest Anydvd is 6.3.1.4 beta, which you are not using.
The latest Clonedvd is 2.9.1.5. I'm hoping that you're using 2.9.1.5.

. At what speed are you burning your blank media?
1X

Don't. If you're using 16x rated blank media, then burn at 8x. I believe that's the max speed your burner can burn at.

With your burner it would be best to buy 8x rated blank media (not 16x rated blank media). If you are using 8x rated blank media, don't burn slower than 4x.

Have you tried selecting "Clone DvD" from Clonedvd's main menu?
YES, I ONLY COPY DVD TO DVD DRIVE (SINGLE). NEVER TO HDD.

I don't believe you understood my question. From Clonedvd's main menu there are three options you can choose: "Clone DvD", "Copy DVD Titles", or "Write Exisiting Data". Choose "Clone Dvd".

This helps to eliminate whether the problem has anything to do with what is being selected in Clonedvd.

By the way, I've sent James a PM asking him to take a look at your .zip file. If something weird is going on with Anydvd, he'll figured it out.
But I don't see anything strange in your .zip file.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this asked so I will. You say you are burning DVD and back to DVD. What happens if you rip it to your HDD and view it from there? Is there any problem? If there isn't then then after you've checked it try burning rather than doing it all in one step like you normally do. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary here but as Webslinger already said... if there is something in the logs, James will find it.

Yes, I know you don't normally rip your DVDs to your HDD before burning it.

I haven't seen this asked so I will. You say you are burning DVD and back to DVD. What happens if you rip it to your HDD and view it from there? Is there any problem? If there isn't then then after you've checked it try burning rather than doing it all in one step like you normally do. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary here but as Webslinger already said... if there is something in the logs, James will find it.

Yes, I know you don't normally rip your DVDs to your HDD before burning it.

Thanks for all of the help! This is the 1st time which I backed-up a DVD Movie & the copying process took about a minute, but the "writing borders & flushing buffers" process took about 8 - 10 minutes. Weird.

I'm sure that James of SlySoft will find the problem.

Well, actually, the latest Anydvd is 6.1.6.3 beta, which you are not using.

Don't. If you're using 16x rated blank media, then burn at 8x. I believe that's the max speed your burner can burn at.

With your burner it would be best to buy 8x rated blank media (not 16x rated blank media). If you are using 8x rated blank media, don't burn slower than 4x.

I don't believe you understood my question. From Clonedvd's main menu there are three options you can choose: "Clone DvD", "Copy DVD Titles", or "Write Exisiting Data". Choose "Clone Dvd".

This helps to eliminate whether the problem has anything to do with what is being selected in Clonedvd.

By the way, I've sent James a PM asking him to take a look at your .zip file. If something weird is going on with Anydvd, he'll figured it out.

I alway's select "Clone DVD".

I'm sure that James of SlySoft will find the problem.

James has indicated there's nothing the matter with the .zip file. And I can't see anything wrong with it either.

So I believe this is a burner/media compatibility issue.

Your burner is an 8x burner. Generally burning at 1x to 16x rated blank media is a terrible idea because you run the risk of overcooking the dye and producing a bad burn. Futhermore, 16x rated media may not always work properly with 8x rated burners, but it's really not going to work well when you burn at 1x to 16x rated blank media. It's best for you to buy 8x rated blank media and not burn below 4x.

Try Taiyo Yuden 8x (not Valueline blank media); try a 4x burn speed.

Last edited:
James has indicated there's nothing the matter with the .zip file. And I can't see anything wrong with it either.

So I believe this is a burner/media compatibility issue.

Your burner is an 8x burner. Generally burning at 1x to 16x rated blank media is a terrible idea because you run the risk of overcooking the dye and producing a bad burn. Futhermore, 16x rated media may not always work properly with 8x rated burners, but it's really not going to work well when you burn at 1x to 16x rated blank media. It's best for you to buy 8x rated blank media and not burn below 4x.

Try Taiyo Yuden 8x (not Valueline blank media); try a 4x burn speed.

Thanks, Webslinger & the rest of the Boys! I'll post an update in a day or so.

Well, actually, the latest Anydvd is 6.1.6.3 beta, which you are not using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Guy's! Thanks for the help! Webslinger........... You were 100% Correct! Since I've been with SlySoft for the last couple of years, I've alway's just chosen the 1st selection in CloneDVD2 (Copy DVD Titles). I would then just use this selection & only back up the largest file!
The 2nd selection on the menu (Clone DVD) is the selection that I should have been using all along. I must be going blind, or should take the time to read all of the options! My new prescription glasses will be ordered this week.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time, but thanks to all !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Guy's! Thanks for the help! Webslinger........... You were 100% Correct!

You're very welcome. Essentially, the problem is that you need to figure out what you can safely unselect in Clonedvd without wrecking the backup.

Back