• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My 99% CPU problem with AnyDVD

gbvoris

I have a similar problem with XP Pro. If Any DVD is trying to scan a DVD it hogs up to 99% of CPU and most, if not all. open windows go gray or almost whit.
The first indication was that the "scanning..." info window doesn't go away and just gradually turns gray and then white. When I reopened with task manager open I found that AnyDVD was using 98-99% of cpu. The system was working fine untill the last update and I tried the one you recommended in the previous post, no luck.
I'm running an Athalon 64 bit 2800+ with 2 gig of ddr, and an 8x agp video card.

I have a similar problem with XP Pro. If Any DVD is trying to scan a DVD it hogs up to 99% of CPU and most, if not all. open windows go gray or almost whit.
The first indication was that the "scanning..." info window doesn't go away and just gradually turns gray and then white. When I reopened with task manager open I found that AnyDVD was using 98-99% of cpu. The system was working fine untill the last update and I tried the one you recommended in the previous post, no luck.
I'm running an Athalon 64 bit 2800+ with 2 gig of ddr, and an 8x agp video card.

Try to have anydvd running first then put in the DVD.

I don't believe the two issues are related. The user of Vista never noted a CPU spike. Some of the very old versions did but the scanning has been optimized over time.

It's possible they might be, however.

Last edited:
AnyDVD starts at boot

I've tried both having it running then insert and having the dvd opened in 'My Computer' before starting AnyDVD, same result.

I have a similar problem with XP Pro.

Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to help them please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

99% cpu use by AnyDVD

When I insert a disk, AnyDVD says wait while disk is scanned. I can get no father, log file etc.
When I open Task Manager first, I can see 98-99% usage of cpu by AnyDVD.
I have 2 gig of ram, an Athalon 2800 64 bit processor so machine capacity shouldn't be a problem. This seems to have come up after the last update.
I'm use 6.3.1.3, and sorry I cann't get to the log file. Perhaps if it could be set to run auto, then I might be able to bring it up later.

If the CPU has nothing else to do, why shouldn't AnyDVD take the free CPU capacities for decrypting? You are not trying to tell us that you don't want your CPU to be used?

If the CPU has nothing else to do, why shouldn't AnyDVD take the free CPU capacities for decrypting? You are not trying to tell us that you don't want your CPU to be used?

You are kidding right? If it does use that much CPU for an extended amount of time, then it's likely a bug or corner case issue that makes AnyDVD get stuck in a loop.

To the original poster, try turning off the AI Scanner before you insert the disc. Perhaps this could problem is related to the "major rewrite" of the AI Scanner in v6.3.1.4 beta.

You are kidding right? If it does use that much CPU for an extended amount of time, then it's likely a bug or corner case issue that makes AnyDVD get stuck in a loop.

To the original poster, try turning off the AI Scanner before you insert the disc. Perhaps this could problem is related to the "major rewrite" of the AI Scanner in v6.3.1.4 beta.

Valid point however the OP was not using 6.1.3.4 beta when they reported the issue and check out the release notes for the new beta:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

6.3.1.4 2008 02 03
- New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
found on some adult titles
- New (DVD): Major rewrite of the AI scanner for improved performance
and reliability
- Change: Hooking of the IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID interface caused a false
security alert in some anti spyware tools
- Fix: Theater Tek bookmarking did not work while AnyDVD was running
- Fix: Possible hang if DVD with defective structures was inserted
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

The bolded line may resolve the OP's problem. :) It would be very useful for them to test the 6.1.3.4 beta and report back.

Last edited:

It may be and endless loop or not but nevertheless - the AI scanner usually does take up to 100% CPU usage for an extended amount of time with some DVDs, because AI scanning requires an extremely high amount of computation time.

I am using Any DVD + 3 or 4 years old DVD Shrink ....

I am using Any DVD with DVD Shrink and sometimes I am shrinkin two movies at the same time.

The PC will run slow but I leaved it running for a few hours. It save me time if I let it run two movies at the time and them I go to sleep.

Sometimes I do have juice to watch a movie from Hard drive using "Virtual Clone Drive" in Media Center

Or

Ctrl + Alt + Delete
Task Lst
Processes
Right click and Set Priority low or BelowNormal

Withe Windows XP:
1. Let your system adjust for "Best Performance"
2. let your system to manage your Virtual memory ( reboot for changes to take place)

Finally got the filter list.

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD