• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD screws up DVD-RW

Goris

AnyDVD only works correctly if the system started up with NO disc in the drive.

If there is an Audio CD or a CD-RW with .cda tracks in the drive at system startup, AnyDVD goes completely nuts, I can't even erace the CD anymore with Nero, after some seconds it says "This drive is not CD-RW compatible" "cannot erase CD" and those system hangs untill I press the reset button...

If I startup with AnyDVD disabled I don't have any of these problems !

Using latest version BTW.
:bang:

Last edited:
Why do you have a disc in when you boot?
Your PC is probably set to boot from the optical drive and that would be causing the confusion.
Stop leaving a disc in the drive on shutdown.... put the disc into the secondary drive (if you have one).......go into the BIOS and set your HDD as the 1st boot device.

1) So you're telling me it is bad to start up the system with a CD/DVD in the drive ?!?!? Oh my God, you're not too serious I hope ? :doh:

2) I don't have the bios set to boot from the DVD-drive. But that's not the problem,
the problems start when windows desktop appears and anydvd craps out on the drive at startup, so this has nothing to do with BIOS.

3) The problem is with AnyDVD, so don't turn the wheel in your favour, but acknowledge that the problem is with AnyDVD, instead of digging up next-to-the-question responses, thanks.

I'm the absent-minded person so I sometimes forget that I have a disc or two in my DVD drives. I've never had a problem booting my computer with a disc in the drive and having AnyDVD start. Of course as all the programs are starting on boot-up the scanning process makes it take a little longer for everything to get running.

Obviously, if James recommends not starting AnyDVD with a disc in the drive then that's something that should be listened to.

I'm the absent-minded person so I sometimes forget that I have a disc or two in my DVD drives. I've never had a problem booting my computer with a disc in the drive and having AnyDVD start. Of course as all the programs are starting on boot-up the scanning process makes it take a little longer for everything to get running.

Obviously, if James recommends not starting AnyDVD with a disc in the drive then that's something that should be listened to.
This is mostly to prevent user errors / other programs having open handles on the disc, so AnyDVD cannot refresh the file system.
Having a disc in the drive on system startup shouldn't do any harm.

This is mostly to prevent user errors / other programs having open handles on the disc, so AnyDVD cannot refresh the file system.
Having a disc in the drive on system startup shouldn't do any harm.

It obviously DOES for CD/DVD-writing applications like Nero.

It obviously DOES for CD/DVD-writing applications like Nero.

On your system--not on any of mine . . .

Do this so others can take a look at what's on your system:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

I'm confused. The title mentions DVD-RWs getting messed up but the OP then talks CD-R/CD-RW

If there is an Audio CD or a CD-RW with .cda tracks in the drive at system startup, AnyDVD goes completely nuts, I can't even erace the CD anymore with Nero, after some seconds it says "This drive is not CD-RW compatible" "cannot erase CD" and those system hangs untill I press the reset button...

So, is there a problem with DVDs or just CDs or both?

1) So you're telling me it is bad to start up the system with a CD/DVD in the drive ?!?!? Oh my God, you're not too serious I hope ? :doh:

Please reread my post. I am saying that if your PC is set to boot from the optical drive in the BIOS, which it should be, that can cause a problem when booting w/a disc in that particular drive.

1)

2) I don't have the bios set to boot from the DVD-drive. But that's not the problem,
the problems start when windows desktop appears and anydvd craps out on the drive at startup, so this has nothing to do with BIOS.

That wasn't stated in your first post so, in my attempt to help you, I suggested that as a possibility.

3) The problem is with AnyDVD, so don't turn the wheel in your favour, but acknowledge that the problem is with AnyDVD, instead of digging up next-to-the-question responses, thanks.

I have no reason to "turn the wheel in my favor" as I am not employed by Slysoft and have nothing to gain either way. My interest was merely to attempt to help you find a solution to your problem...which does NOT apply to AnyDVD. Apparently you are convinced it is so I will refrain from any further attempt at a solution for you.
Good Luck.

Back