• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD won't rip - Peep Show Series 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonpurkis

Hi,

I have a DVD that is protected by Macrovision Ripguard that won't rip in AnyDVD. It is Peep Show Series 3 Region 2 DVD. AnyDVD recognises the disc, then I go to AnyDVD Ripper, press Copy DVD and almost as soon as it starts (whilst the progress is at 0%) a window comes up with a red cross and a message saying "FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 344064". With just an option to click "OK". If you click OK, it just asks whether you want to delete the files created.

I've tried this on two different machines and get exactly the same problem. The DVD itself plays fine on a standard DVD player (not a computer one).

I am using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2. I've attached the logfile to look at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jon

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_PEEP_SHOW_3.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 4
message saying "FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 344064".

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I getting FileIO 3, CRC, TCSectorReader, or read errors in general when the program I use tries to read a disc?

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Hi,

I have a DVD that is protected by Macrovision Ripguard that won't rip in AnyDVD. It is Peep Show Series 3 Region 2 DVD. AnyDVD recognises the disc, then I go to AnyDVD Ripper, press Copy DVD and almost as soon as it starts (whilst the progress is at 0%) a window comes up with a red cross and a message saying "FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 344064". With just an option to click "OK". If you click OK, it just asks whether you want to delete the files created.

I've tried this on two different machines and get exactly the same problem. The DVD itself plays fine on a standard DVD player (not a computer one).

I am using AnyDVD 6.3.1.2. I've attached the logfile to look at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jon
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!

Try to enable AI scanner for this disc. Does it work now?

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!

Try to enable AI scanner for this disc. Does it work now?

Forget what I wrote, I am confident Webslinger is right and the disc is defective.

I would like to take this moment to thank jonpurkis for providing both an error message and the .zip file for the original disc. It is rare for a first time poster to provide requested troubleshooting information.

Thank you, and welcome to the forums! :clap:

Thanks for the help guys. Obviously it turned out it was the disc, I had rented it, and it seemed so odd because it was literally the fourth different copy of the DVD I had received. Fifth time was a charm!

Glad to keep you happy with the logfile. I did try and read through the FAQ and "Before you post", but I missed that error message thingy. It stands to reason that the amateur like myself should do his best to make the job as easy as possible for whoever is giving their advice. After all, it's not like you have to help.

Obviously it turned out it was the disc, I had rented it.

I cannot assist people with rentals, and copying rentals is against the forum rules here.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51369&postcount=3

"The idea behind AnyDVD is that the OWNER of a LEGALLY BOUGHT DVD has the right to PROTECT HIS OR HER PROPERTY*. This includes the BACKING UP of said PROPERTY.
Using or promoting the use of ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD SITES and the COPYING of RENTED DVD's are NOT SUPPORTED.
OWNER's RIGHTs ARE.
This topic along with that of CRACKS is NOT TO BE TOLERATED!"

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back