• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drives gone

jtmturner

Same problem here, only im using vista :(

my DVD drive has totally vanished, i've tried the regedit 'trick' of deleting upper and lower filters, it worked once but not anymore, the drive is totally gone!

and i've restored as far back as I can which is only about a week annoyingly.

I miss my dvd drive,

can anyone help?

is the dvd drive showing up in device manager?
(click start>right click My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager.
is it listed under Disk drives (click the '+' symbol).

sorry,i just seen your using vista.what i said applied to xp.
oops!

Last edited:
No worries about the xp thing,

nah the drive doesnt show in device manager. The virtual one does and doesnt when disabled, ie it works fine. But my real one is totally gone.

Also its a laptop, so I can't unplug the whole drive and or try a different one :(

I haven't used VCD in awhile and I don't have Vista but what happened if you uninstalled VCD?

Last edited:
Unfortunately uninstalling VCD didn't fix it, but I appreciate the help.

Basically windows has 'forgotten' it has a dvd drive. I've tried to 'add new hardware' but it doesn't find the drive there either :(

Getting close to hitting the reset button here, its a HP notebook, so has the factory reset partition. I just hate it when the computer wins :) call me stubborn I guess.

Well I finally bit the bullet and re installed windows ...

no luck, still no cd drive :( I was actually surprised, maybe naive of me.

guess its time I actually spent money on this problem and take it to a pro,

I'm even beginning to doubt its a VCD problem since the fresh install didnt fix it, but we'll see.

Jack

:bang:

Hehe this emote is pretty much perfect.

Turns out im a laptop noob,

The drive can be removed physically by flicking a little switch on the underside of the case, seems I had inadvertantly half switched this swich, meaning the drive wasnt fully connected so obviously windows couldnt see it.

Seems VCD was completely unaccountable for any of this, and I appologise for any bad thoughts I might have had against it ;)

well, thank you to those that offered support, im really rather glad to have my drive back :D

Jack

:bang:

Hehe this emote is pretty much perfect.

Turns out im a laptop noob,

The drive can be removed physically by flicking a little switch on the underside of the case, seems I had inadvertantly half switched this swich, meaning the drive wasnt fully connected so obviously windows couldnt see it.

Seems VCD was completely unaccountable for any of this, and I appologise for any bad thoughts I might have had against it ;)

well, thank you to those that offered support, im really rather glad to have my drive back :D

Jack

I'm glad to hear you resolved your problem. :)

Back