• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Manixx isnt lying BD+ playback is possible on Sony BDS 300 standalone player

CookieChips

i just went up best buy and bought the last BDP S-300 and i have a copy of Robocop that does not play on my PS3 or my BDP S1 it is playing perfectly on my new BDP S-300 with the orignal firmware 3.20 i am ripping Die Hard now and then i'll burn it and let you guys know if it works to

Last edited:
i just went up best buy and bought the last BDP S-300 and i have a copy of Robocop that does not play on my PS3 or my BDP S1 it is playing perfectly on my new BDP S-300 with the orignal firmware 3.20 i am ripping Die Hard now and then i'll burn it and let you guys know if it works to

we better keep this thread going on the other (you know what forum) place

just got done burning Die Hard after 2 1/2 hours and manixx is right they do play on the Sony BDP S-300 totally awesome

just got done burning Die Hard after 2 1/2 hours and manixx is right they do play on the Sony BDP S-300 totally awesome

i think no downgrading possible on this? I found a 3.20 but got an error when I tried to update

it may have been the 3.2 euro version

So now we finally know why manixx is able to play back BD+, it is the firmware and not a special way of creating an ISO or something like that. Sony will close this gap and so this is not a really solution for backing up BD+ titles.

Lets hope Slysoft cracks BD+ soon so BD+ is so not an issue anymore. By the way are there any news of that?

why not crack the firmware

This might be our best bet..
so its works great.
manixx..

Could something be learned about BD+ from this firmware difference for Slysoft's gain? I am getting worried that they might not be able to crack it.

BTW- I think Manixx deserves a "good job" on finding this.

Could something be learned about BD+ from this firmware difference for Slysoft's gain? I am getting worried that they might not be able to crack it.

BTW- I think Manixx deserves a "good job" on finding this.

The following is my opinion and only my opinion:

manixx reported it and one person has finally verified the veracity of his claim. I'm not in the position to comment on whether this is valid. I will say, however, that the fact the the entire previous thread and now this one had to occur with this many posts just to result in the establishment of the firmware being the only factor is beyond silly. Numerous people commented on the firmware version in the first page of the original thread but the version number was never answered by manixx until maybe 4 pages worth of very difficult to read posts which consisted of far from technical posts with some bordering on incomprehensible or just nonsensical.

Congrats to him for his apparent discovery but he could have done a far better job explaining it, sharing it, and proving it if he hadn't dragged it out into a ridiculous mess.

As has already been said, I foresee this apparent loophole being phased out with firmware updates.

As for Slysoft learning from this firmware issue... I can't say. I'm unsure of your pessimistic view of Slysoft handling BD+, however. Slysoft handled MKB v4 while no one else has. Of course there will be updated MKB versions but Slysoft has accomplished something no one else has shown to have done. BD+ has no public documentation and as such IMHO it may take some time to resolve it by actually examining discs containing it through multiple release periods. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't count Slysoft out. If anyone can do it they will.

Last edited:
Back