• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem running CloneDVD

underthehood

am having problems with cloning a sports DVD called the Hunters' Harvest -Tips and Techniques.

The problem that I am having is that it goes thru "Creating DVD files" then I get the unexpected error, Creation of DVD files was not successful. This happens at 83%.

How do I correct this problem. Attached is the logfile.

Thanks,
Underthehood

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_HUNTERS_HARVEST.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 3
pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version: 5.3.4.59 (5.3.4.59)
Company: Roxio
Product: DirectCD
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2001-2003, Roxio, Inc.
Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
FileVersion: 5.3.4.59
ProductVersion: 5.3.4.59
Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

Remove these filters please.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.2)
LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 GDHG
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2057376 sectors (4018 MBytes)
Total size: 3674272 sectors (7176 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HUNTERS_HARVEST
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 5 7 8!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Note the bold put anydvd on automatic please.

You have Sonic's Drag-To-Disc/Roxio's Directcd packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd, Clonedvd, and other software. If you require drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. You don't need to remove the entire Sonic/Roxio suite, but you do need to get rid of drag-to-disc and/or Directcd.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pwd_2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

Note the bold put anydvd on automatic please.

That line you bolded does not indicate the AI scanner is not set to default. When Anydvd creates a log file, the AI scanner is always forced on automatically (just for the duration of creating the log file). What the line you bolded indicates is that the second line is invalid: in fact, there is no structural protection on this disc.

When the log file is created, 1) the A.I. scanner is forced on for the purposes of creating the log file (and it's only forced on while creating the log file). 2) Because the A.I. scanner is forced on, the A.I scanner believes there's structural protection (this is a condition in order for the A.I. scanner to be on; i.e., "Found & removed structural copy protection!"); and 3) the heuristic scan is more accurate--and what you should pay attention to. Therefore, this disc is (unlikely) to have structural protection.

When you don't see anything about the heuristic scan mentioned in the Anydvd log file (which is not the case here), then it's quite likely the disc contains structural protection.

And, remember, when you create a log file, the A.I. scanner is forced on while creating the log file.

Last edited:
Back